Darco OrthoWedge ShoeDarco SKU: OQ*B
- Promotes healing by shifting weight from the forefoot to the midfoot and heel
- Square toe design and ankle strap provide additional toe protection and reduce slippage. stability
The Darco OrthoWedge Shoe is clinically proven to effectively reduce weight bearing pressure from the forefoot to promote proper healing. The square toe design in front acts as a bumper to provide additional protection when K-wires are present and provides a better left/right fit. It promotes healing by reducing weight from the forefoot and may be used for any condition from the metatarsal heads distally in which it is desirable to reduce body weight such as ulcers, infections, trauma and surgery. The ankle strap eliminates heel slippage and removable forefoot closure eliminates buckle pressure.
Darco Orthowedge Shoe Features:
- 15º dorsiflexion construction promotes healing by shifting weight from the forefoot to the midfoot and heel
- Square toe design, wide sole, and ankle strap provide additional toe protection and added stability during ambulation
- Strapless forefoot closure eliminates buckle pressure and can accommodate dressings up to 17" in circumference
- Easy closure with velcro straps makes the Ortho Wedge a cinch to apply even after surgery
- Wide base for extra stability10mm removable insole fully customizable with over twice the padding
- Fits right or left foot
- Sold individually
- Available in five sizes - please see our sizing chart tab above for important measurement instructions
Manufacturer Suggested Code: A9283
The Darco OrthoWedge shoe may be used for:
- Post surgical healing.
- Forefoot trauma.
- Wounds or ulcerations present under metatarsal heads and toes.
- Any situation that requires a pressure off-load of the forefoot