The DARCO MedSurg™ Shoe is the most versatile postoperative shoe on the market today. Its square toe design provides additional protection for the toes. The Darco Med Surg Shoe strapless closure eliminates buckle pressure on the forefoot and can expand to accommodate dressings up to 17 inches in circumference. Square toe design acts as a bumper to provide additional protection when K-wires are present and offers a better left/right fit. The rocker sole and the double padded, removable insole reduces plantar pressure on the forefoot and heel when walking. Very aggressive tread at the midfoot provides superior traction and stability. The shoe's ankle strap helps keeps the shoe in place at all times and eliminates slippage while walking.
Darco Med Surg Shoe Features:
- Squared off toe design - provides additional protection, especially with procedures involving K wires.
- Fully customizable insole - double-padded and removable to accommodate PegAssist off-loading insole.
- Rocker sole reduces plantar pressure on the forefoot and heel by over 25%.
- MetaShank protection provides rigid control under the metatarsal heads.
- Velcro forefoot closure accommodates a 17 inch circumference of extra bandages and dressings.
- Traction sole for no slipping when walking.
- Comfortable and supportive for all day wear.
- Fits right and left sides.
- Available in men's and women's sizes - please see our sizing chart tab above for important measurement instructions.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC Code: L3260
The Darco Med Surg Shoe may be used for:
- After foot surgery or when K-wires are present.
- When large bandages or dressing are required.
- As a platform for the PegAssist™ (PTQ Series) insole when off-loading wounds.
- Neuroma removal.
- Ingrown Toe Nail Treatment.
- Hammertoe treatment.
- Sizing chart
Choose according to me's shoe and women's shoe size.
The MedSurg Shoe reduces plantar pressures directed toward the sole of the foot as seen in this FScan image.
- Nice shoe
- Excellent support, cushioning
- Great Product
- Good Product
- Great product, fast service
- Does the job with excellence.
Q&A for Darco MedSurg Shoe
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is an Darco Authorized Dealer Site
Darco believes that the best way for you to select and purchase an Darco product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Darco collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Darco product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Darco therefore recommends that you do not purchase an Darco item through any website, unless it is an authorized Darco dealer.
We are a Darco Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Darco warranty. Others do not offer the original Darco warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Darco takes great care to ensure that all Active Ankle authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Darco purchasers.