The Shields Brace offers dynamic patella stabilization provided through the entire range of motion. The Shields™ Brace will control the patella during athletic competition. The patella brace successfully controls malalignments of glide, medial/lateral tilt, and anterior/posterior tilt. 1/8" Kuhl perforated neoprene construction for cool compression. Wrap around design allows for independent fitting of the thigh and calf providing a personalized fit to all users. Medial and lateral spiral stays limit bunching while allowing full range of motion. The Trakaderm Buttress is constructed of Polyurethane and is an adherent, soft, gel-like material. It helps assist in the active relocation of the patella and places the bone in its pain-free position. Easy-to-apply anterior closure.
Hely Weber Shields Brace Features:
- Provides patella control throughout the entire range of motion.
- Will control the patella during athletic sports competition.
- Patella directional force flap successfully stabilizes the kneecap for malalignments of glide, medial/lateral tilt, and anterior/posterior tilt.
- 1/8" Kuhl™ perforated neoprene material for cool compression.
- Independent calf and thigh strap ensure the correct fit for all leg shapes and sizes.
- Low profile 9-inch length is one of the lowest profile lengths available.
- Trackaderm Buttress for customized patella control.
- Medial and lateral spiral stays limit bunching up the brace.
- Open popliteal space behind the knee for added comfort.
- Soft tubular rubber core is flexible and adjustable with full knee movement.
- Developed in collaboration with Clarence L. Shields, MD Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: None