The Shields Brace offers dynamic patella stabilization provided through the entire range of motion. The Shields™ Brace will control the patella during athletic competition. The patella brace successfully controls malalignments of glide, medial/lateral tilt, and anterior/posterior tilt. 1/8" Kuhl perforated neoprene construction for cool compression. Wrap around design allows for independent fitting of the thigh and calf providing a personalized fit to all users. Medial and lateral spiral stays limit bunching while allowing full range of motion. The Trakaderm Buttress is constructed of Polyurethane and is an adherent, soft, gel-like material. It helps assist in the active relocation of the patella and places the bone in its pain-free position. Easy-to-apply anterior closure.
Hely Weber Shields Brace Features:
- Provides patella control throughout the entire range of motion.
- Will control the patella during athletic sports competition.
- Patella directional force flap successfully stabilizes the kneecap for malalignments of glide, medial/lateral tilt, and anterior/posterior tilt.
- 1/8" Kuhl™ perforated neoprene material for cool compression.
- Independent calf and thigh strap ensure the correct fit for all leg shapes and sizes.
- Low profile 9-inch length is one of the lowest profile lengths available.
- Trackaderm Buttress for customized patella control.
- Medial and lateral spiral stays limit bunching up the brace.
- Open popliteal space behind the knee for added comfort.
- Soft tubular rubber core is flexible and adjustable with full knee movement.
- Developed in collaboration with Clarence L. Shields, MD Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: None
The Shields Brace is ideal for treating:
- Patellofemoral pain.
- Anterior knee pain.
- Patella arthrosis.
- Malalignments of patella glide. Patella tilt and AP tilt.
- Patella dislocation.
- Poor patella tracking.
- Sizing chart
1. The new Shields buttress, constructed of Medical Grade TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer) is an adherent, soft, gel like material. It provides an elastic, flexible, shock absorbing quality that assists in replicating taping the knee. It has the practical advantage of patient application and adjustment.
2. It helps assist in the active relocation of the patella and places the bone in its pain free position.
3. The new buttress is more dynamic, more comfortable and offers the practitioner and patient greater proprioception. The unique molded design offers anatomical contours and easier placement.
4. The Shields brace is designed to position the patella away from the symptomatic contact point no matter the malalignment, which improves tracking in the patellofemoral groove. 5. You place the patella where you want it to be. The buttress, in conjunction with the patellar control straps, holds the patella in place and allows it to move with you.
“The correct positioning of the buttress is essential for optimal function.” - Identifying Optimal Treatments for Patellofemoral Pain, Round Table, Orthopedics Today, Vol 26, # 5 May 2006
- Was recommended by my orthopedic suregeon
- Very pleased.
- Good Pain Relief
- Great service
- I use my Shields knee brace everyday.
Q&A for Hely Weber Shields Knee Brace #5674
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a Hely Weber Authorized Dealer Site
Hely Weber believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Hely Weber product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Hely Weber collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Hely Weber product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Hely Weber therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Hely Weber item through any website, unless it is an authorized Hely Weber dealer.
We are a Hely Weber Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Hely Weber warranty. Others do not offer the original Hely Weber warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Hely Weber takes great care to ensure that all Hely Weber authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Hely Weber purchasers.