Darco Boady Armor Night SplintDarco SKU: BADS
Darco Body Armor Night Splint provides the most effective stretch of the plantar fascia of any night splint on the market today.
The Darco Body Armor Night Splint is the only night splint on the market today that actively engages the windlass mechanism of the foot resulting in a specific and sustained stretch to the plantar fascia and a sustained low load stretch to the flexor tendons, Achilles tendon, and calf muscles. Traditional models that maintain your foot at a 90 degree angle allow your toes to relax thus creating added pressure and an uncomfortable feeling. The Body Armor Night Splint delivers a consistent stretch that's tailored specifically for how your foot and arch function.
Body Armor Night Splint Features:
- Toe strap dorsiflexes the 1st MPJ (Great toe) to provide a specific and sustained stretch to the plantar fascia and a sustained low load stretch to the flexor tendons, Achilles tendon and calf muscles
- Loading the Windlass Mechanism naturally brings the foot/ankle to a near 90 degree angle thus eliminating the “lever effect” and the resulting pressure on the apex of the ankle
- Elastic connector ring allows for natural flexion of the foot and toes during sleep, returning to the dorsiflexed position when muscles relax
- Low profile design allows for maximum user comfort and compliance
- Functions biomechanically (Windlass arch mechanism) to stretch the foot at the attachment sites where the fascia originates and ends
- One-size-fits-all design, reduces inventory for clinics
- Fits right and left sides
- Cushioned for more comfort while sleeping
How Does The Windlass Arch Mechanism Work?
The plantar fascia attaches onto the bottom of your heel (calacaneus) and the ends of the metatarsals in your foot. The Darco Body Armor Dorsal Night Splint uses a hammock design to pull up on the great toe which places a stretch on both attachment ends of the plantar fascia - not just one! The result is a more effective stretch that helps treat plantar fasciitis pain.
Suggested HCPC: L4396
The Body Armor Night Splint is indicated for:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Heel Spurs
- Achilles tendonitis
- Achilles tendinosis
- Metatarsalgia Ankle contracture