AirCast AirLift™ PTTD Ankle BraceAn off-the-shelf brace, the AirLift™ PTTD Brace is designed for the treatment of posterior tibial tendon dysfunction (PTTD), or for early signs and symptoms of the adult acquired flat foot. Depending on the severity of the condition, it can be prescribed for use as part of a conservative treatment to stabilize the condition and help prevent its degeneration, or post-surgically and during rehabilitation.
It features an integrated aircell, located underneath the sole, which is adjustable using an inflatable hand bulb (included with brace). When inflated, the aircell can accommodate different arch heights and comfortably lifts underneath the arch to achieve a more natural foot position to help provide posterior tibial (PTTD) relief.
The AirLift is designed for easy application and adjustment. The brace uses an innovative rear entry design which allows the patient to slip their foot into the back of the brace. Two straps secure the brace and can be used to adjust fit. These patient-friendly design elements make the AirLift easier to apply than custom braces, eliminate time consuming lacing, and help improve patient compliance.
The Aircast AirLift brace is suited for Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction, adult flat foot, post-op use.
Aircast AirLift PTTD Brace Features:
- Adjustable arch aircell for individualized comfort and control.
- Anatomically designed shells for secure ankle stability.
- Rear entry design for convenience.
- Two strap application for use of use and compliance.
- Made from latex-free neoprene material.
- Available in three sizes - please see our sizing chart tab above for correct sizing guideline information.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L4350
The Aircast Airlift PTTD brace can be used for:
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction (PTTD).
- Posterior tibial tendonitis.
- Adult-acquired flat feet.
What Is Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction ("Acquired FlatFoot")?
Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction (PTTD) is an inflammation and/or overstretching of the posterior tibial tendon. Its function is to help support the arch, but in PTTD, it's unable to perform that job efficiently, often resulting in flattening out under the sole.
This fibrous cord extends down from a muscle in the leg. It descends the down the lower leg and runs along the inside of the ankle and then down the side of the inside aspect of the foot. It is one of the most important supporting structures and helps displace weight properly while walking.
PTTD is often called “adult-acquired flatfoot” because it is the most common type of condition usually developed during adulthood. This condition typically occurs in only one foot, but some people can develop it in both. PTTD is considered a progressive condition, which means it will keep getting worse, especially if not treated early by a medical professional. The Aircast AIrLift PTTD brace is appropriate for stage I/II PTTD symptoms.
- Sizing chart
Choose according to your shoe size:
Size Shoe Size S US Men's up to Size 7, US Women's up to Size 8.5, UK up to Size 7, Europe up to 38 M US Men's 7.5-11, US Women's Size 9-12.5, UK Size 8-10, Europe 39-42 L US Men's 11.5+, US Women's Size 13+, UK Size 11+, Europe 43+
*Brace does run a little small, go up one size if you're right on the border of the two sizes.
- Durable nylon material is used in the boot itself along with the half figure eight, arch-supporting strap. Semi- rigid aircells on the sides provide additional ankle/rearfoot stabilization. Note this product has a one way valve on the side to inflate the pillow under the arch. Push the end of the inflation air bulb into the valve assembly just enough to inflate the product. Jamming the inflation bulb deeper and deeper into the valve assembly will bend the one way valve inside and cause a slow leak to occur. This is the #1 issue that we get calls about so just be gentle blowing it up and it will last forever.
- Works great!
- Best service, very good brace
- Inflates underneath my arch
- Great ankle brace with pump
- Overall Good
Q&A for Aircast AirLift PTTD Brace
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a Aircast Authorized Dealer Site
Aircast believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Aircast product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Aircast collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Aircast product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Aircast therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Aircast item through any website, unless it is an authorized Aircast dealer.
We are a Aircast Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Aircast warranty. Others do not offer the original Aircast warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Aircast takes great care to ensure that all Aircast authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Aircast purchasers.