The Aircast AirHeel treats plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, and heel pain by applying pulsating compression with every step, which helps reduce swelling and enhance circulation. The medial/lateral stabilizers offer enhanced proprioception and stability. It's designed with 2 interconnected air cells, located under the foot arch and in back of the Achilles tendon.
When you take a step, the first air chamber (under the arch) begins to collapse, thus reducing the stress to the plantar fascia under the arch. Air is then forced into the chamber surrounding the Achilles tendon, which in turn inflates. The inflated Achilles chamber applies compression to the Achilles tendon to shorten the lever arm, thus reducing strain on the tendon. The AirHeel is made of a latex-free, compression spandex with air cells incased in waterproof nylon. These air cells have been tested with 1,000 lbs. of pressure, which enables them to withstand the force from running, jumping and landing, and other high-impact activities.
The Aircast AirHeel Arch Support is already inflated, so no pump is needed. It's constructed of lightweight, breathable materials so it's extremely comfortable to wear. Simply slip the support brace on like a sock, and adjust the Velcro strap for a custom fit. Universal fit allows the Aircast AirHeel Ankle Support Brace to be worn on either the left or right foot.
Aircast AirHeel Brace Features:
- The AirHeel brace relieves painful symptoms of Achilles tendonitis and plantar fasciitis
- Reduces swelling and discomfort while enhancing circulation
- Simple to apply, just slip it on and adjust the fit with one strap
- Two interconnected aircells are located under the foot arch and in the back of the heel, applying pulsating compression throughout the day
- Fits easily into a shoe with an extremely low-proﬁle design
- Arch air chamber absorbs stress under the arch and heel
- Constructed of lightweight Neoprene material
- Three sizes: Small, Medium, Large - See Size & Fit tab for sizing chart and measurement/fit help
- Fits Right and Left foot
- Air Heel ankle support brace is recommended to wear with a shoe
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC Code: L3485