The Procare Off-Loading Diabetic Shoe provides patients with active diabetic foot ulcers a means to ambulate with less stress on their active ulcers. The shoe provides your foot with a true "off-loading" ability with its Impax Grid sole - simply punch out the small foam grids around the treatment area for unsurpassed pressure relief. The delicate ulcerated area of your foot is allowed time to heal. The diabetic shoe also features a wide foot bed and a squared toe box for plenty of room. Dressings and other bandages can be used simultaneously with the diabetic off loading shoe - it was designed to accommodate them! The inside is seamless with a smooth surface to provide your foot with more comfort and a reduced chance of any skin breakdown from occurring.
Procare Off-Loading Diabetic Shoe Features:
- Smooth interior surfaces, thus eliminating "rubbing" on the foot. This seamless design is crucial to the reduction of skin breakdown.
- Unique patented Impax Grid insole is comprised of a tri-laminate foam material that effectively redistributes the patient's weight away from the ulcer area(s). Simply remove Impax foam blocks in the immediate vicinity of the diabetic wounds.
- The shoe comes as an individual shoe and the squared-off toe area allows it to fit the right or left foot. If ulcers are on both feet, then this should be ordered as a quantity of two.
- A natural gait is achieved by the rocker bottom sole design. This feature reduces strain on the hips and provides better comfort.
- Enhanced protection for the toe area is gained from the reinforced toe cover.
- The reinforced toe cover is also removable to provide you with quick and easy access to the treatment area.
- Fits right and left sides.
- Available in four sizes - see sizing chart tab.
- Replacement Insoles are available so that the shoe can used for long-term use by inserting a fresh Impax Grid.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: None