Known as the superior c-spine immobilizer on the market through multiple independent studies, the Miami J Collar's patented design meets the specialized needs of all those afflicted with cervical injuries. The Miami J adjustable neck brace offers features that enhance compliance and help speed recovery while ensuring immobilization, inhibition of skin breakdown and patient comfort.
Miami J Cervical Collar Features:
- Skin friendly Sorbatex™ II padding is antibacterial and clinically proven to inhibit microbial growth, which enhances comfort and helps assure patient compliance.
- Bioengineered to minimize pressure points in key known areas; chin, occiput, trapezious and clavicle
- Sizing based on 7 phenotypes to ensure proper fit and optimum immobilization.
- Comfort adjustment buttons for occiput and mandible, removable sternal pad for supine and swallowing
- Numerous clinical studies and independent research confirms the Miami J feature set provides superior immobilization, comfort and patient recovery.
- Removable sternal pad at the bottom provides additional support for the neck without sacrificing comfort.
- Multiple ventilation holes enhance airflow and aid in preventing skin breakdown.
- The Miami J class of products includes the Miami JTO® Thoracic Extension for complex cervical and high-level thoracic injuries and the Occian™ Back, which is designed to replace the Miami J Collar back piece with a pressure-relieving solution for those patients who are at a very high risk for occipital breakdown.
- Clinically tested to provide superior immobilization.
- Maintaibs proper patient alignment, whether sitting, standing, or lying down.
- Angulation buttons on the sides allow for easy adjusting.
- No metal parts, for a non-conductive, x-ray and MR-safe product.
- Removable sternal pad, and an optional assist strap allow for the greatest amount of flexibility and comfort without sacrificing on immobilization.
- Can be ordered as a single collar, or as a package with an extra pad set.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L0174
The Miami J® cervical collar is recommended for treating:
- Spinal Stenosis.
- Spinal precaution for trauma patients.
- Immobilization prior to or following C-Spine surgery.
- Chronic and traumatic degenerative disc injuries.
- Sizing chart
- Plastic outer shell designed for effective support and immobilization.
- Sorbatex padding provides comfort and prevents skin breakdown.
Miami J and Philadelphia collars restrict CROM maimally. Miami J and Miami J/Occian back have the lowest levels of mandibular and occipital pressure; these collars reduce the risk of occipital pressure ulcers without compromising immobilization.
See the Journal of Trauma website for the complete research article.
Q&A for Ossur Miami J Cervical Collar
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question