The Ossur AFO Dynamic® incorporates Össur Flex-Foot® technology and the energy storing properties of carbon fiber for real drop foot locomotion assistance. The AFO Dynamic incorporates a medial strut design along with a carbon heel to absorb body weight and provide greater energy return through toe-off for more normalized walking.
The AFO Dynamic ensures an efficient walking motion and reduces hip hiking associated with limited toe-off clearance. The pre-fabricated foot platform is designed to fit inside both men's and women's shoes and fits 95% of individuals within each of the four product size categories. The calf is secured using a hook and loop strap attachment for easy fitting adjustments.
Ossur AFO Dynamic Features:
- Made of pre-impregnated carbon fiber for a more dynamic, responsive ambulation.
- Pre-faricated ankle foot orthosis design.
- Absorbs and returns energy for assisted propulsion of the limb at toe off.
- Available in four sizes - please see our sizing chart tab above for important measurement instructions.
- Highly durable and comfortable.
- Low weight to strength ratio for lightweight strength and more efficient movement.
- Fits easily inside most shoes.
- Unique footplate design has a stiffness gradient at the heel and toe; Response becomes stiffer when extra support is needed with a heavy individual, and less stiff when used by a smaller, less heavy person.
- Gait assistance - receives gradual plantar flexion at initial contact when taking a step, and provides medial-lateral stability at mid-stance as the person progress their body weight over the foot.
- Supports the foot for ground-clearance during swing phase.
- Medial strut and dark color makes it less visible.
- Textile cover on outside of the AFO Dynamic and inside aspect of the footplate provides a pleasant cosmetic appearance and enhances comfort against the skin.
- Provides exceptional performance similar to custom made dynamic AFO products.
- 6 month manufacturer warranty.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L1932