The Ossur AFO Dynamic® incorporates Össur Flex-Foot® technology and the energy storing properties of carbon fiber for real drop foot locomotion assistance. The AFO Dynamic incorporates a medial strut design along with a carbon heel to absorb body weight and provide greater energy return through toe-off for more normalized walking.
The AFO Dynamic ensures an efficient walking motion and reduces hip hiking associated with limited toe-off clearance. The pre-fabricated foot platform is designed to fit inside both men's and women's shoes and fits 95% of individuals within each of the four product size categories. The calf is secured using a hook and loop strap attachment for easy fitting adjustments.
Ossur AFO Dynamic Features:
- Made of pre-impregnated carbon fiber for a more dynamic, responsive ambulation.
- Pre-faricated ankle foot orthosis design.
- Absorbs and returns energy for assisted propulsion of the limb at toe off.
- Available in four sizes - please see our sizing chart tab above for important measurement instructions.
- Highly durable and comfortable.
- Low weight to strength ratio for lightweight strength and more efficient movement.
- Fits easily inside most shoes.
- Unique footplate design has a stiffness gradient at the heel and toe; Response becomes stiffer when extra support is needed with a heavy individual, and less stiff when used by a smaller, less heavy person.
- Gait assistance - receives gradual plantar flexion at initial contact when taking a step, and provides medial-lateral stability at mid-stance as the person progress their body weight over the foot.
- Supports the foot for ground-clearance during swing phase.
- Medial strut and dark color makes it less visible.
- Textile cover on outside of the AFO Dynamic and inside aspect of the footplate provides a pleasant cosmetic appearance and enhances comfort against the skin.
- Provides exceptional performance similar to custom made dynamic AFO products.
- 6 month manufacturer warranty.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L1932
The Ossur AFO Dynamic is used to treat drop foot caused by:
- CVA (Cerebral Vascular Accident or Stroke).
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis).
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease.
- Hereditary Motor Sensory Neuropathy (HMSN).
- Mild knee instability.
- Other neurological conditions.
- Sizing chart
Part# Leg Size O-102011 Right X-Small O-102021 Left X-Small O-102012 Right Small O-102022 Left Small O-102014 Right Medium O-102024 Left Medium O-102016 Right Large O-102026 Left Large
AFO Dynamic Selection Chart
X-Small Small Medium Large * the height at the thickest part of the calf
** the height of the top strap
Part number Right Leg O-102011 O-102012 O-102014 O-102016 Left Leg O-102021 O-102022 O-102024 O-102026 Shoe Size Male 3-5 5.5 -7.5 8 - 10.5 11 - 14 Female 4 - 6.5 7 - 9 9.5 - 12 Foot size 8 - 9"
9 - 10"
10 - 10.75"
11 - 11.5"
Foot plate 8.75"
Calf height* 12 - 13.5"
12.5 - 14.25"
13.25 - 15"
14.25 - 15.75"
Strap height** 12.6" (32cm) 13.25" (34cm) 14.25" (36cm) 15" (38cm) Heel height 0.4" (1cm) 0.6" (1.5cm) 0.6" (1.5cm) 0.6" (1.5cm) Weight 2.7oz (75g) 3.5oz (100g) 4.2oz (120g) 5oz (140g)
- Impregnated carbon fiber material used for an exceptionally lightweight product design.
- East to fit. Slips on easily
- Lightweight and has good rebound
- Great Product
Q&A for Ossur AFO Dynamic Foot Drop Brace
- From Debbie Barner
- Q: I have severe foot drop caused from (Multiple Sclerosis)left foot is flaccid. I currently have a smart step and it is the most comfortable, but still trip, and I also have a carbon fiber AFO great clearance no triping but the pain I fuffer from wearing it is unbreable after an hour. I'm hoping to find a brace that is comfortable and to keep from falling. Can you help?
- A: The Townsend SpryStep AFO is our most popular carbon fiber AFO product and would help your foot drop condition.
So far persons found this question helpful
Ask Your Own Question
- From Debbie Barner