The Hely Weber Shields Hinged Knee Brace #5675 provides added medial/lateral knee protection along with support of the patella-femoral joint throughout full bending and straightening knee. It is an excellent patella stabilizer for improving patella tracking, and effectively stabilizes the kneecap for patients suffering from patella subluxation and/or dislocation. The Shields hinged knee brace has a low profile at only nine inches long, and utilizes both an independent thigh and calf strap to secure the product around any size knee, large or small. It reduces the chance of re-dislocation of the kneecap by using an independent directional force flap which maintains proper patella stabilization independent from the rest of the brace. The patella buttress has the same tacky quality about it to maintain proper contact with the skin even with aggressive use. The two wide bi-axial hinges help to provide additional knee protection as the regular Shield's brace and provides additional protection against hyperextension injuries. To maximize patient comfort, Shields hinged patella stabilizer features a front closure design, and is made from 1/8 inch, perforated neoprene which allows for moisture evaporation to help keep you cool and dry.
Shields Hinged Knee Brace Features:
- 1/8" Kuhl perforated neoprene construction for cool compression.
- Dynamic patella stabilization provided through entire range of motion.
- Independent calf and thigh strap application is ideal for most leg contours.
- Low profile 9" design prevents brace slippage.
- Successfully controls mal-alignments of glide, medial/lateral tilt, and anterior/posterior tilt of the patella.
- Easy-to-apply anterior closure design allows for fast and easy fitting.
- The Shields hinged knee brace will control the patella during athletic competition.
- The buttress features a tacky Spectron non-slip surface maintaining its positioning with the patella.
- The buttress is independent of the support wrap providing dynamic patella stabilization.
- Directional Force Flap maintains customized pressure against the patella.
- Neoprene condyle pads provide protection and comfort and prevent chaffing.
- Padded hinge covers allow for sports participation.
- Wide bi-axial hinges enhance medial/lateral stability and prevent hyperextension knee injuries.
- Open popliteal space behind the knee for added comfort.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L1810 + L2795