The Donjoy Drytex Playmaker Knee Brace is an intermediate knee brace that provides support for mild to moderate ACL, PCL MCL and LCL instabilities. Designed to offer protection and comfort, the Donjoy Drytex Playmaker employs the unique Four Points of Leverage strapping design in a soft-hinged brace thus making it one of the most popular ligament knee braces for sports and daily activities.
The Donjoy Drytex Playmaker Knee brace features a 16" length, low profile hinges, and breathable fabric for improved airflow to keep you cool and dry. The polycentric hinge design mimics the natural movement of the knee and provides hyperextension protection along with support for ACL, PCL, MCL, and LCL collateral ligament injuries. It's available in a sleeve or wraparound version, as well as, a closed popliteal or open popliteal cutout in the back of the knee for added comfort.
Donjoy Drytex Playmaker Knee Brace Features:
- Drytex fabric - Lightweight, breathable, neoprene-free material allows for improved airflow to keep athletes cool and comfortable; perfect for use in warm weather climates.
- Low profile polycentric hinges for support.
- Sleeve design offers a more precise fit and added compression around the knee.
- Polycentric hinges for enhanced performance.
- Four Points of Leverage strapping design provides added knee stability for the ACL and PCL ligament injured patient.
- The standard polycentric hinge accommodates Extension stops: 10, 20, 30 and 40 degrees (10 degrees installed) // Flexion stops: 45, 60, 75 and 90 degrees (Optional Flexion/Extension Stop Kit (p/n 25-0422-0-00000) purchase required).
- Length: 16".
- Brace style: Soft-hinged.
- Sizes: X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large, XXX-Large. See sizing chart tab for measurement instructions for fitting help.
- Color: Black
- Version: Open Popliteal (cutout in the back of the knee) / Closed Popliteal (fabric left in behind back of the knee).
- NOTE - Closed Pop has been discontinued; Limited sizes and quantities available.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L1815 + L2435
The Donjoy Drytex Playmaker Knee Brace may be used to treat:
- Mild to moderate Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) tears.
- Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) tears.
- Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) tears.
- Combined mild knee instabilities.
- Sizing chart
Watch our Measurement/Fitting video and then use a fabric tape measure to measure your thigh, knee center, and calf circumference for the correct size.
Size Thigh Circumference Knee Center Circumference Calf Circumference XSmall 13" - 15.5" (33 - 39 cm) 12" - 13" (30.5 - 33 cm) 10" - 12" (25.5 - 30.5 cm) Small 15.5" - 18.5" (39 - 47 cm) 13" - 14" (33 - 35.5 cm) 12" - 14" (30.5 - 35.5 cm) Medium 18.5" - 21" (47 - 53.25 cm) 14" - 15" (35.5 - 38 cm) 14" - 16" (35.5 - 40.5 cm) Large 21" - 23.5" (53.25 - 59.5 cm) 15" - 17" (38 - 43 cm) 16" - 18" (40.5 - 47 cm) XLarge 23.5" - 26.5" (59.5 - 67.25 cm) 17" - 19" (43 - 48.25 cm) 18" - 20" (47 - 50.75 cm) 2XLarge 26.5" - 29.5" (67.25 - 75 cm) 19" - 21" (48.25 - 53.25 cm) 20" - 22" (50.75 - 56 cm) 3XLarge 29.5" - 32" (75 - 81.25 cm) 21" - 23" (56 - 61 cm) 22" - 24" (53.25 - 58.5 cm)
Drytex is a unique breathable fabric composed of nylon and polyester Lycra fabric for comfort: latex free.
What Is The Four Points of Leverage System?
The Donjoy Drytex Playmaker knee brace has a unique strapping system that controls the lower leg bone (tibia) to reduce knee instability with cutting and pivoting activities. The straps and hinge bars create to form Four Points of Leverage that successfully enhances ACL stability.
- Point 1 Anterior: The first point of leverage is the anterior thigh cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the femur anteriorly.
- Point 2 Posterior: The second point of leverage is the posterior calf cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the tibia posteriorly.
- Point 3 Posterior: The third point of leverage is a posterior thigh strap, which is applied while drawing the hinge bars posteriorly on the knee.
- Point 4 Anterior: Incorporating the fourth point generates the crucial opposing force. By tightening and affixing the anterior tibial strap, the hinge is drawn into proper position, and the tibia is rotated posteriorly.
- Provides stability with all of my activities
- Great brace for all my sports activities
- Skiing Now With Less Pain
- Great For Football
- Happy With The Quality
- Great Brace, Great Price
Q&A for Donjoy Drytex Playmaker Knee Brace
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a Donjoy Authorized Dealer Site
Donjoy believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Donjoy product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Donjoy collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Donjoy product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Donjoy therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Donjoy item through any website, unless it is an authorized Donjoy dealer.
We are a Donjoy Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Donjoy warranty. Others do not offer the original Donjoy warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Donjoy takes great care to ensure that all Donjoy authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Donjoy purchasers.