The Aircast Mayo Clinic Elbow Brace features an innovative control knob and adjustable hinge, provides exceptional stability and comfort while allowing for immobilization, static stretch or free motion option of the elbow. The sturdy metal uprights provide stability, while the straps with aircells securely hold the brace in position, ensure patient comfort and avoid pressure points.
The brace is used immediately after surgery to protect and immobilize the elbow joint. In the immediate post injury or post surgical period, the brace may be used to comfortably immobilize the elbow due to the effectiveness of the aircell strapping systems. For static stretch, the control knob is set to the desired degree of flexion/extension.
Once the arm muscles have stretched to the designated degree, the muscles can relax minimizing the inflammatory response that can occur in dynamic stretching. In addition, the control knob can be unlocked allowing for free range-of-motion (ROM). This unique feature enables the patient to have the benefits of stability and protection while promoting elbow movement to prevent or treat contractures.
The Mayo Clinic Elbow Brace also controls ROM through the use of metal stops located in the adjustable hinge. These stops, inserted into the hinge by the medical professional, ensure that the patient does not exceed predetermined safe limits of ROM. Accessories include an Arm Sling (included with each Elbow Brace) to enhance patient comfort and the ARC™ Forearm Rotational Brace (sold separately) for control of pronation/supination.
Aircast Mayo Clinic Elbow Brace
- Controls range of motion through the use of metal stops located in the adjustable hinge. These stops, when inserted into the hinge by a medical professional, ensure that the patient does not exceed predetermined safe limits of ROM.
- Range of motion: -10 degrees to 140 degrees and can be locked in increments of 5 degrees.
- Arm sling included to enhance patient comfort.
- Universally sized - please see our sizing chart tab above for important sizing guidelines.
- Optional accessory- ARC Forearm Rotational Brace may be used for additional pronation and supination control.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L3760.