The RCAI TA Boot (also known as the RCAI Totally Anatomical Boot) is designed to provide support for both children and small adults. Styled to fit pediatric patients comfortably, the boot is available in a static strut design (pictured) or with an adjustable range of motion (ROM) hinge that allows for varying angles of ankle dorsiflexion and plantar flexion movement for rehabilitation. The product features a soft foam liner for comfort along with telescoping hinge bars on the sides that can be adjusted upward to fit different height children and petite sized adults. A personalized fit can be achieved and easily customized by using the adjustable side struts. It has a rocker bottom sole that makes the act of walking easier and more natural. The RCAI TA Boot is comfortable for all day wear yet provides effective immobilization for the foot and ankle - perfect for mid shaft to distal tibial fractures, Achilles tears, ankle fractures, and ligament damage.
RCAI TA (Totally Anatomical) Boot Features:
- Well suited for individuals who have had difficulties measuring and/or fitting into previous pediatric-sized walkers
- Low profile design ensures patient comfort and compliance.
- Rocker bottom heel to promote natural gait & hip alignment.
- Choose Static hinges or upgrade to ROM hinges that adjusts from 40 degrees plantar to 20 degrees dorsiflexion in 10 degree increments. NOTE: ROM hinges are not available in Infant or Toddler size. Special Low Profile Version available for Sizes Medium, Large & XL. These can adjust from 12 - 14 inches). See sizing chart tab for additional information and specific measurement instructions.
- Precision length adjustable hinge bars (side struts) - telescope upwards to provide a custom fit (Available in these sizes only: Small, Medium, Large & XL).
- Lightweight - 2 lbs.
- Fits right and left sides.
Please read our RCAI return policy. Note: Per the manufacturer, all RCAI products are non returnable once their packaging has been opened. Please review our sizing chart before ordering and/or consult with our technical department if unsure about your size. The manufacturer's return policy supersedes our 30 day return policy.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L4386