The Donjoy Female Fource - OTS knee brace addresses bio-mechanical factors that have been implicated in the high incidence of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears in females. Females are 3-8 times more likely to sustain an ACL tear than males. In addition, over 70 percent of all ACL injuries occur during non-contact activities, such as cutting, jumping and twisting maneuvers. Females tend to perform cutting and landing maneuvers with their knees and hips in an extended, less protected position. Female Fource braces incorporate Donjoy's FourcePoint hinge technology, which has been clinically demonstrated to increase knee flexion angles, thus limiting the time the knee spends in at-risk positions that can cause an ACL injury.
The Donjoy Female Fource OTS (Off-the-Shelf) is a lightweight, low profile brace designed specifically for females and is perfect for active female athletes returning to sports or everyday activity. It's made of 6061 aluminum that's both incredibly strong yet lightweight for the comfort needed to play sports. It has a large swooping medial thigh frame shape to contour better to the shape of every woman's thigh, even those with highly developed quadriceps muscles. Like many Donjoy models, the Donjoy Female Fource - OTS has swiveling straps to help keep the brace in place and an enhanced medial supra condyle pad that grabs onto the bony contour of the inside of the knee to reduce sliding out of place. The product comes with a custom graphics sticker sheet that allows users to personalize their own brace
Donjoy Female Fource Features:
- Patented FourcePoint Hinge Technology: Clinically proven to protect the ACL.
- Reduces time spent in the "At Risk" position.
- Adjustable hinge resistance offered in 25-0 degrees, 35-10 degrees (factory setting), 45-20 degrees, 55-30 degrees, 65-40 degrees (range indicates the flexion angle at which resistance begins, the second number is the terminal end point).
- Hinge resistance has three settings to meet the needs of any rehab protocol for customized protection.
- Four-Points-of-Leverage design provides superior ligament protection and comfort.
- Medial Swooping Thigh Frame design provides increased medial thigh clearance to fit every size thigh.
- Press fit upper thigh rivets ensure a low profile, sleek design.
- Swiveling strap tabs conform to the leg so the straps stay in place while bending the knee.
- Anti-Migration calf strap and Supra Condyle Pad provide enhanced brace suspension to reduce slippage.
- Anti-Migration band anchors on the upper calf enhancing brace suspension.
- Custom Graphics Sticker Kit enclosed - personalize the brace to make it your own.
- Lightweight - only 18oz.
- Moldable frame for a custom fit.
- One-year warranty on frame and hinge.
- Right/left specific.
- Color: Black.
- Lycra Undersleeve- protects the skin against rubbing/skin irritation. Lightweight, breathable.
- Sports cover- goes over the brace for added protection.
- Mesh Brace Bag
- Air Condyle Kit- These condyle pads are filled with air instead of regular foam for a more custom fit on the sides of the knee joint
- Neoprene Suspension Kit- Neoprene straps that go around the brace circumferentially to improve brace suspension. Highly recommended.
- Tru-Pull Advanced Attachment (TPAA) - This accessory piece provides additional support and symptomatic pain relief for patellofemoral dysfunction, including lateral mal-tracking, subluxation/dislocation & patellar tendonitis. The TPAA is an elastomeric pull device that provides a strong dynamic pull on the patella when the knee moves into extension. Choose from these 3 sizes according to knee brace size:
- XS/S (11-1525-2)
- M/L/XL (11-1525-3)
- 2XL/3XL (11-1525-4)
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L1845
- Active adolescents and adults.
- Contact, extreme, and water sports.
- Moderate to severe ACL or PCL instabilities.
- ACL, PCL, and combined instabilities (CI).
- ACL or PCL reconstructions.
- MCL/LCL instabilities.
- Hyperextension, and general knee protection.
- Sizing chart
Watch our Measurement/Fitting video and then measure your thigh, knee center, and calf circumference with a fabric tape measure for the correct size.
Size Thigh Circumference Knee Center Circumference Calf Circumference Small 15 1/2"-18 1/2" 13"-14" 12"-14" Medium 18 1/2"-21" 14"-15" 14"-16" Large 21"-23 1/2" 15"-17" 16"-18" XLarge 23 1/2"-26 1/2" 17"-19" 18"-20" 2XLarge 26 1/2"-29 1/2" 19"-21" 20"-22" 3XLarge 29 1/2"-32" 21"-23" 22"-24"
What Is Unique About A Donjoy FourcePoint Hinge?
DonJoy FourcePoint hinge technology is designed to react during leg extension to keep the knee out of the "at risk" position - the last 25 degrees of knee extension. The Female Fource utilizes a spring mechanism in the hinge to apply gradually increasing resistance during the last 25 degrees of extension much like a tensioned rubber band.
The resistance serves three critical roles:
- Reduces the time spent near full extension or in the at risk position
- Increases the posterior load applied by the brace on the tibia to prevent anterior tibial translation.
- Eliminates the extension shock felt when a patient extends into a 10 degrees standard rigid stop!
What Is The Four Points of Leverage Design?
The Four Points of Leverage combine to successfully apply a net differential posterior force, or constant force to the tibia, which reduces the instability in the ACL. This Four Points of Leverage design is used on many braces including the Donjoy Female Fource.
- Point 1 Anterior: The first point of leverage is the anterior thigh cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the femur anteriorly.
- Point 2 Posterior: The second point of leverage is the posterior calf cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the tibia posteriorly.
- Point 3 Posterior: The third point of leverage is a posterior thigh strap, which is applied while drawing the hinge bars posteriorly on the knee.
- Point 4 Anterior: Incorporating the fourth point generates the crucial opposing force. By tightening and affixing the anterior tibial strap, the hinge is drawn into proper position, and the tibia is rotated posteriorly.
Q&A for Donjoy Female Fource - OTS ACL Brace
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a Donjoy Authorized Dealer Site
Donjoy believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Donjoy product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Donjoy collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Donjoy product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Donjoy therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Donjoy item through any website, unless it is an authorized Donjoy dealer.
We are a Donjoy Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Donjoy warranty. Others do not offer the original Donjoy warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Donjoy takes great care to ensure that all Donjoy authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Donjoy purchasers.