The Breg Standard PTO Knee BraceIts multi-functional properties make it a favorite for patients with patellar tracking knee problems and ligament instability, but cannot have a metal framed brace due to team restrictions. The Breg PTO Airmesh Knee Brace is ideal for all types of patellar dysfunction, patello-femoral pain syndrome, Patellar subluxation, Chondromalacia patella knee pain, and recovery from lateral release surgery. The PTO (Patella Tracking Orthosis) hinge dynamically adjusts the amount of compression applied through the lateral pressure plate on the patella buttress according to the amount of bend in the knee. As the knee moves into extension, the plate and buttress work together to form a lateral "soft tissue wall" to control patella subluxation. The patented Cawley Tension Hinge, dynamically adjusts the tension applied from the pressure plate on the buttress. The Breg PTO knee brace is available in a standard neoprene or soft Airmesh (non-neoprene material) which is both breathable and latex-free.
Breg PTO Knee Brace Features:
- Patented Cawley Tension Hinge adjusts tension generated by the hinge bars to pull the buttress down around the patella to enhance patella stabilization.
- Only patella brace on the market that works "dynamically" as the patient performs normal knee movement while walking and/or running.
- Adjusts to whatever range of motion is necessary at the knee while bending or straightening the knee for normalized gait.
- Progressive compression of the lateral soft tissue (peak force reached at full extension) surrounding the knee cap is applied enhancing the positive effects of the patella buttress.
- Available in sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large - please see our sizing chart tab above for important sizing guidelines.
- The PTO is available in standard neoprene (3-7 day made to order) or Airmesh material- a lycra/polyester material that breathes for comfort. Excellent for warmer climates.
- Right/left specific.
Side: choose right or left knee.
Material: choose Airmesh or standard neoprene material.
Version: choose between standard models with the material left in behind the back of the knee or an open back popliteal cutout behind the knee where the brace material has been removed to reduce bunching up with deep knee bending.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L1820
The Breg PTO Knee Brace is routinely used to treat the following types of injuries:
- Mild chondromalacia.
- Patella subluxation/dislocation.
- Chronic patellar maltracking.
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome.
- Post surgical lateral release.
- Post surgical patellar realignment.
- Sizing chart
The Breg PTO Standard brace features a standard strength aluminum hinge - athletes wanting to use this brace for contact sports should choose the "High Performance" model with a stronger aluminum used in the hinge bars for greater strength and durability.
BREG's Airmesh® is a revolutionary, 3D, latex free, non-neoprene material, ideal for those who are allergic to neoprene as well as anyone desiring breathable patella supports for extended daily use.
The PTO knee brace in Airmesh provides the following benefits:
- Absorbs moisture, moving it away from the body, allowing for evaporation to occur through natural air circulation.
- Fast drying.
- Polyester/nylon/Lycra blend.
- Half the weight of neoprene.
- Latex free.
- Love it
- KNEE PAIN RELIEF
- Great brace that supports my knees well
- Best brace ever
- More than 1 great product
- good knee brace
Q&A for Breg PTO Soft Knee Brace
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a Breg Authorized Dealer Site
Breg believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Breg product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Breg collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Breg product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Breg therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Breg item through any website, unless it is an authorized Breg dealer.
We are a Breg Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Breg warranty. Others do not offer the original Breg warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Breg takes great care to ensure that all Breg authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Breg purchasers.