The Bledsoe Thruster RLF Knee Brace is clinically proven to provide effective pain relief. The unique design of this single-upright OA brace creates relief by pulling the straps to open the joint space vs. pushing against the opposite side of the knee. The Thruster knee brace hinge is designed to provide up to 36 degrees of brace angulation compared to a typical unloader design that allows between 3-10 degrees of varus/valgus thrust capability. This allows the brace to unload knee joints that have excessive tissue. The adjustment dial easily adjusts the amount of varus/valgus unloading to the knee, and is capable of unloading knee joints for people with excessive soft tissue. Ideal for people with unicompartmental OA and meniscal instability injuries.
Bledsoe Thruster RLF Knee Brace Features:
- Hinge is on the involved side of the knee, pulling vs. pushing to relieve pain.
- Provides up to 36 degrees of correction.
- Recommended for people with excessive soft tissue.
- Unloads in a 4-point load system.
- New strap saddle maximizes circumferential support by preventing strap indentation into the soft tissue. This enhances force and keeps the leg coupled to the hinge.
- Easy adjustment dial (pictured above) for pain relief. Just push in and turn the dial with the leg in flexion for the desired amount of relief.
- Easy ski buckle closure system with over-center buckles - simply snap it in and go!
- Available in XS through XXXL sizes - See sizing chart tab above for measurement/fit help.
- Right and left knee specific.
- Choose Medial to relieve pain on the inside aspect of the knee (medial compartment) and Lateral: for relieving pain on the outside aspect of the knee (lateral compartment).
- Also available in two versions: Standard (for individuals 5'7" and taller or Short for people 5'6" and shorter. An "Athletic" calf is also available - for a leg that is contoured with a smaller calf circumference. Be sure to see our sizing chart tab above for specifics
Available Colors: Black.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC Code: L1843
The Bledsoe Thruster RLF arthritis knee brace may be used for:
- Medial or Lateral Unicompartmental Osteoarthritis.
- Delaying osteotomy or total joint procedures.
- To increase daily walking time while increasing activities.
- To aid in slowing the progression of the condition.
- Post-operative or post-injury applications following lateral and postero-lateral injuries to the connective tissues of the knee to help relieve stress on these healing structures.
- Sizing chart
Bledsoe Thruster RLF OA Knee Braces actually change their side angle and thrust force with knee motion. This allows much greater side angle thrust (up to 36 degrees) than fixed angle adjustment designs..
In a 2005 research study comparing different medial unloader products, the Bledsoe Thruster RLF was found to unload the medial compartment the greatest amount during the stance phase of an individual's walk where the most compression of joint surfaces takes place. In tests, the Thruster RLF opened the damaged knee compartment in over 78% of patients and relieved pain in an even higher percentage
- CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS GREAT
- Does a great job for my knee
Q&A for Bledsoe Thruster RLF Knee Brace
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a Bledsoe Authorized Dealer Site
Bledsoe believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Bledsoe brace is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Bledsoe collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Bledsoe product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Bledsoe therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Bledsoe item through any website, unless it is an authorized Bledsoe dealer.
We are a Bledsoe Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Bledsoe warranty. Others do not offer the original Bledsoe warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Bledsoe takes great care to ensure that all Bledsoe authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Bledsoe purchasers.