The Bledsoe Philippon Hip Brace is designed to provide controlled range of motion and support following surgery. Designed in collaboration with Dr. Marc Philippon, MD, Director of Sports Medicine/Hip Disorders at the University of Pittsburgh, the Philippon hip brace features a low profile design for patient comfort and soft foam waist and thigh cuffs for a comfortable fit. The Bledsoe Philippon Post-Op Hip Brace limits hip flexion/extension as well as abduction and adduction in 15° increments from -30° to 105°. It can also lock in any position from -30° to 60° making it highly adaptable to a variety of patient hip protocols. The post-operative or post-injury brace protects patients following including total hip revisions, arthroscopic hip repairs or other hip joint surgeries, injuries or problems that can benefit from range-of-motion control.
Philippon Hip Brace Features:
- Allows controlled hip flexion in 15° increments from -30° to 105°.
- Can be locked in any position from -30° to 60°.
- Moldable waist and leg cuffs for a great fit.
- Easily formable aluminum shells covered with a double-thick ultra-breathable polyurethane foam padding with a comfortable loop pile surface.
- Low profile design for patient comfort.
- Three simple straps hold it securely affixed to the patient's hip and leg.
- Can be applied in less than 3 minutes saving valuable time in the operating room.
- Fits both right and left sides of the body.
- Available in Short or Long length - See sizing chart for measurement/fit help.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L1686