The Bledsoe Charcot Conformer Boot is designed to reduce contact loads and provide Charcot patients with more walking comfort. The walker features an aluminum sole and struts that can be reshaped to fit any lower leg width. The product has a unique triple density footbed that is designed to automatically mold to the contours of your foot and displace contact pressures maximally. The Bledsoe Charcot Conformer Boot sole has been clinically shown to direct pressures towards the outside edges of your foot thereby reducing peak pressures on the bottom by up to 30%. A pneumatic pad located up top along the proximal tibia provides added comfort and works in conjunction with a winged PTB (patella tendon bearing) plastic plate that accepts vertical loads to reduce the stress on the muscles in your forefoot and calf regions. An optional air ankle/heel pad can be added to provide added comfort to the ankle and heel regions. The Bledsoe Charcot Conformer Boot is made here in the USA, and is the #1 recommended walker for Charcot patients worldwide.
Bledsoe Charcot Conformer Boot Features:
- Moldable aluminum boot shell (far superior to a plastic boot) can be reshaped for a more custom fit in the foot or ankle area.
- Unique "automold" triple density footbed evenly distributes weight across the entire bottom of your foot and side edges of your foot.
- Winged PTB plate and proximal pad provides comfort and absorb shock with ambulation.
- Innersole molds itself to the foot shape to provide superior shock absorption.
- Midsole performs better for the foot than a total contact cast.
- Two versions available: Standard design without air ankle/heel pad or with air ankle/heel pad ($15.00 more). The optional air ankle/heel pad enhances comfort and provides pneumatic ankle support.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L4360