The Aircast XP Diabetic WalkerSystem is a removable cast that will not limit mobility required for day-to-day activities while recovering from injury. It's specifically designed for diabetics to provide protection and pneumatic support for stable fractures of the foot and ankle, severe ankle sprains, soft tissue injuries, hindfoot injuries, neuropathic ulcers, managing edema and post-operative use. The low rocker sole promotes a natural ambulation (gait) for improved mobility while the generous foot base has ample room for dressings without sacrificing comfort. The lightweight, semi-rigid shell has a pre-inflated anterior air cell and 2 adjustable Duplex air cells located at the malleoli that can be individually inflated for a total contact fit and secure support. It provides the protection and stability necessary for a healthy recovery; fits both the right and left foot.
Aircast XP Diabetic Walker System Features:
- Optimized rocker sole for maximum off-loading of the diabetic foot.
- Semi-rigid shells, full aircells and insole to help regulate shear stress.
- Includes two insoles, three stockings, and one hand bulb with a pressure gauge.
- Can be used with the optional Brace-Lok system for maximum patient compliance.
- Rocker bottom sole actively off-loads plantar pressures.
- 6-month warranty.
- Four sizes - See sizing chart tab for measurement/fit help.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L4360
The Aircast XP Diabetic Walker System may be used to treat:
- • Neuropathic ulcers.
- • Stable foot and/or ankle fractures.
- • Post-operative; hindfoot and heel injuries.
- • Severe ankle sprains.
- • Soft tissue injuries.
- Sizing chart
Measure your shoe size for the correct size diabetic walker:
Size Men's Shoe Women's Shoe
Max. Foot Width (at toes) Max. Calf Circumference Sm 4-7 5-8 4.5" (12cm) 14" (36cm) Med 7-10 8-11 5" (12.7cm) 16" (41cm) Lg 10-13 11-15 5.5" (14cm) 26" (66cm) XL 13+ 15+ 5.63 " (14.3cm) 26" (66cm)
- Second time ordering. Arrived fast.
- Works as described
- Used this after surgery
- Doctor recommended this for me
- Works better than my last diabetic walker
- Second purchase
- avoid total contact cast and use this instead
Q&A for Aircast XP Diabetic Walker System
- From Masha J.
- Q: Can I use the djo xp diabetic walker for a plantar ulcer on the bottom of my foot?
- A: The XP diabetic walker system provides unloading of plantar ulcers to improve healing while reducing sheer forces that can aggravate ulcers. The shell acts like a total contact cast and makes ambulation easier.
So far persons found this question helpful
Ask Your Own Question
- From Masha J.
DME-Direct is a Aircast Authorized Dealer Site
Aircast believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Aircast product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Aircast collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Aircast product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Aircast therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Aircast item through any website, unless it is an authorized Aircast dealer.
We are a Aircast Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Aircast warranty. Others do not offer the original Aircast warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Aircast takes great care to ensure that all Aircast authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Aircast purchasers.