The Shock Doctor Double STC Mouthguard provides excellent protection with two air cushioned pads for both your upper and lower jaw. The Double mouthguard with air cushioned shock pads provides a gel fit design that molds to the shape of your teeth for a tight fit that stays in place. Air pads in the rear provide a more cushioned response for your molars in the back for greater comfort. A shock-transferring core in the front displaces stress away from your front teeth and redirects it toward the back of your mouth. The Shock Doctor Double STC Mouthguard features a MORA (Mandibular Orthopedic Repositioning Appliance) design that positions your lower mandible jaw bone down and forward while slightly elevating your tongue to reduce bite tension for greater comfort. The product can be ordered as a stand alone mouthguard or with an optional tethered strap.
Shock Doctor Double STC Mouthguard Features:
- Super tight compression Gel-Fit custom molds to your teeth to produce an exact impression for a tight, comfortable fit..
- Quick-release helmet tether version available.
- Content of product: EVA, Krayton, Mid-density polyethelene/polypropylene, Polyurethane.
- Shock transfer core up front directs impact away from your front teeth to your molars in the rear.
- MORA (Mandibular Orthopedic Repositioning Appliance) design moves your lower mandible jaw bone down and forward while slightly elevating your tongue which reduces bite tension from developing.
- Air cushioned shock pads for your top and bottom teeth provides enhanced protection while helping to stabilize your entire jaw from side impact.
- Not intended for use with braces.
- Latex-free material.
- Available in an adult size only (11 years of age and up).
The Shock Doctor Double STC Mouthguard provides upper and lower mouth protection during sports.
- Sizing chart
Shock Doctor Double STC Mouthguard- Fitting Instructions:
WARNING! NOT FOR USE WITH BRACES DO NOT CHEW YOUR MOUTHGUARD.
In order for a mouthguard to protect, fit, and last it must be worn properly on your teeth and gums as indicated in the fitting instructions. If any mouthguard is chewed or not worn properly, its protection, fit and durability will be greatly diminished.
TO FIT THIS MOUTHGUARD YOU WILL NEED:
- Double STC Mouthguard.
- Boiling water.
- Slotted spoon.
- Cold tap water.
- A clock or watch with second hand.
1. Fill saucepan with 3 to 4 inches of water. Bring water to a boil.
2. Remove water from heat source. Immediately place mouthguard (tongue tag down) in water for 90-120 seconds. Do not remove before 90 seconds.
3. Carefully remove mouthguard from hot water with a slotted spoon.
4. Cool mouthguard under tap water for 1-2 seconds only to bring surface temperature to a comfortable level.
5. Lick your lips before placing mouthguard in your mouth.
6. Watching in mirror, line up mouthguard carefully with the centerline of upper teeth - use tongue tag to center mouthguard. Fit mouthguard onto and around upper teeth (tongue tag upward) and press firmly into molars first then front teeth.
7. Bring lower jaw forward and up into base of mouthguard with teeth in alignment with lower channel.
8. Put tip of tongue on tongue tag end and close mouth while biting down hard on mouthguard. Suck in strongly and use fingers to press edges of mouthguard into teeth and gum line through lips and cheeks for 20 seconds.
9. Remove your Shock Doctor Double STC mouthguard and cool under tap water for 30 seconds. Replace into mouth and test for a good, firm fit.
10. Repeat steps 1 through 9 if fit is not accurate.
© 2008 Shock Doctor, Inc.
Q&A for Shock Doctor Double STC Mouthguard
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is an Shock Doctor Authorized Dealer Site
Shock Doctor believes that the best way for you to select and purchase an Shock Doctor product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Shock Doctor collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Shock Doctor product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Shock Doctor therefore recommends that you do not purchase an Shock Doctor item through any website, unless it is an authorized Shock Doctor dealer.
We are a Shock Doctor Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Shock Doctor warranty. Others do not offer the original Shock Doctor warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Shock Doctor takes great care to ensure that all Active authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Shock Doctor purchasers.