DeRoyal Kalginate Calcium Alginate Wound Dressing is a sterile, non-woven calcium alginate wound dressing of heavier denier fiber. It's more substantial than other alginate dressings, and addresses problems associated with covering vascular access sites / wet wounds. It's extremely absorbent - in fact, Kalginate absorbs two times the exudate of other calcium alginate dressing products. Kalginate calcium alginate wound dressing can fill wound "dead space" to promote a moist environment for optimum wound healing. The dressing morphs into a fiberous gel when it comes in contact with the wound, making it suitable for moderate to heavy draining wounds, pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, and more.
Kalginate Calcium Alginate Wound Dressing Features:
- Sterile, non-woven calcium alginate wound dressing of heavier denier fiber.
- Absorbs twice the exudate of other calcium alginate dressings.
- Thick and effective, changing to a fibrous gel when in contact with wound exudate.
- Long lasting - minimal dressing changes.
- Able to be layered or packed.
- Available as pad or rope.
- Pads can be cut to size needed.
- Remove from wound when changing the dressings - will not disintegrate in the wound.
Kalginate = Less dressing changes.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC:
- A6196 (for 46-800 or 46-801)
- A6197 (for 46-802)
Kalginate® Calcium Alginate Wound Dressing can be used for:
- Skin ulcers including: diabetic ulcers, venous ulcers and pressure ulcers.
- Second degree burns.
- Surgical wounds / incisions.
- Infected wounds.
- Moderate to heavily draining wounds.
NOTE: Do not use on 3rd degree burns.
- Sizing chart
Sizing Chart: Available in Pads or in Rope.
- 2" x 2" (5 x 5cm)
- 4" x 4" (10 x 10cm)
- 4" x 8" (10 x 20cm)
- better than others we've used
Q&A for DeRoyal Kalginate Calcium Alginate Wound Dressing
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a DeRoyal Authorized Dealer Site
DeRoyal believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a DeRoyal product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest DeRoyal collection and ensure you are getting a genuine DeRoyal product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
DeRoyal therefore recommends that you do not purchase a DeRoyal item through any website, unless it is an authorized DeRoyal dealer.
We are a DeRoyal Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the DeRoyal warranty. Others do not offer the original DeRoyal warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
DeRoyal takes great care to ensure that all DeRoyal authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to DeRoyal purchasers.