DeRoyal Procol treats dry wounds (minimal drainage) is a round-edged, self-adhesive, sterile hydrocolloid wound dressing with a semi-occlusive breathable polyurethane film. The hydrocolloid wound dressing, when placed in contact with the wound, forms a therapeutic soft gel to nourish the damaged dermal area. DeRoyal Procol was developed with a matrix formulation that interacts with wound exudate to form a soft gel which creates a moist environment. This action simultaneously promotes vertical wicking and reduction of residue, while protecting fragile newly formed dermal tissue from maceration.
Product # Size Quantity 46-650 2” x 2” 100 46-651 4” x 4” 50 46-652 6” x 6” 20
Product # Size Quantity 46-660 2” x 2” 100 46-661 4” x 4” 50 46-662 6” x 6” 20
DeRoyal Procol Hydrocolloid Wound Dressing Features:
- Round-edged, self-adhesive, sterile hydrocolloid wound dressing with a semi-occlusive breathable polyurethane film. liHydrocolloid interacts with wound exudate to form a soft gel that creates a moist environment conducive to wound healing.
- Matrix formulation promotes vertical wicking and reduces residue in wound as it protects newly formed tissue from maceration.
- Tapered edges prevent dressing from rolling.
- Easily conforms to hard-to-dress areas and irregular wound sites.
- Easy application and removal.
- Various sizes to accommodate any wound site.
- Also available in an extra-thin configuration with a low profile.
- Ideal for wounds that are dry or lightly exudating.
- Protection from wound dehydration.
Procol Hydrocolloid Wound Dressing Application and Removal:
- Cleanse (irrigate) wound using saline or sterile water. Carefully dry the skin surrounding the wound, making sure that it is residue-free.
- Peel away paper release liner and gently place exposed side over wound.
- Smooth edges and double-check that it is adhering nicely to the skin.
- Dressing can now be left in place for up to 7 days.
- Remove dressing by simply pressing down gently and lifting the dressing off, beginning with one edge.
- Dermal ulcers.
- 1st or 2nd degree burns. (Do not use on 3rd degree burns).
- Surgical & superficial wounds.
- Donor sites.
- Lacerations & abrasions.
NOTE: When using Procol, the size of the wound may initially look larger (like the size of it has increased). Fact: necrotic tissue when it is autolytically debrided will then reveal the full extent of the wound.
- Sizing chart
Procol hydrocolloid wound dressing should extend 1 - 1.25" beyond wound margin. It can be cut down to preferred size.
Size Regular X-Thin 2" x 2" 46-650 46-660 4" x 4" 46-651 46-661 6" x 6" 46-652 46-662
What is Procol? S.A.F.E.
Self-adhesive sterile hydrocolloid wound dressing.
Film (breathable polyurethane).
Efficient moist environment for optimal wound drainage & healing.
Application of Procol Hydrocolloid Wound Dressing
PURPOSE: To create a moist environment conducive to healing, control drainage from wound, and protect
the wound from outside contamination.
OUTCOME: Skin integrity improved/maintained.
Dermal ulcers, superficial wounds, lacerations, abrasions, 1st and 2nd degree burns, donor sites,
and post operative wounds.
1. Saline as needed for non-toxic cleansing.
2. Gauze pad for drying peri-wound skin.
3. Procol (select a size that will extend 1” to 1-1/4” beyond wound edges) to dress
1. Cleanse the wound (Flush with saline or other non-irritating solution).
2. If necessary cut Procol to desired size.
3. Remove release liner and apply exposed side to wound.
4. Procol is self-adhesive to the skin around the wound; extra tape is not necessary.
5. Leave Procol in place (not more than 7 days) unless it is uncomfortable, leaking, or there
are clinical signs of infection.
6. To remove Procol, gently/carefully lift edges and peel dressing off.
7. Dispose of soiled dressing per institution’s policy.
Wound is moist; drainage is controlled, skin integrity is maintained or improved.
NOTE: Local wound care cannot overcome the deficits of unrelieved malnutrition, pressure or trauma, or
compromised blood flow. Interventions must be instituted to reduce/relieve these factors that contribute to
impaired wound healing in order to achieve the optimum outcome.
No reviews for this product
Q&A for DeRoyal Procol Hydrocolloid Wound Dressing
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a DeRoyal Authorized Dealer Site
DeRoyal believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a DeRoyal product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest DeRoyal collection and ensure you are getting a genuine DeRoyal product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
DeRoyal therefore recommends that you do not purchase a DeRoyal item through any website, unless it is an authorized DeRoyal dealer.
We are a DeRoyal Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the DeRoyal warranty. Others do not offer the original DeRoyal warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
DeRoyal takes great care to ensure that all DeRoyal authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to DeRoyal purchasers.