The Donjoy Shoulder Stabilizer Shoulder Pad Attachment (SPA) is designed to help to protect and stabilize the shoulder post–injury and post-operatively.. The Donjoy Shoulder Stabilizer SPA is ideal for the restricting abduction with external rotation, and for symptoms or episodes of anterior and/or glenohumeral instability where attaching the item directly to the shoulder pads themselves is a viable solution. The Donjoy Shoulder Stabilizer Shoulder Pad Attachment is also effective for posterior instability by restricting the shoulder ROM (range of motion) and disallowing the positioning of the joint in angles that increase the odds of a posterior dislocation or subluxation. Most supports have difficulty providing adequate shoulder protection with athletes competing with multi-directional shoulder instability. The Donjoy Shoulder Pad Attachment kit features easy to adjust straps that easily hook onto existing shoulder pads to help reinforce proper positioning of the shoulder and to enhance overall protection and effectiveness of the shoulder stabilizer attachment. Donjoy football products are used by numerous Division I football teams throughout the country and provide the highest degree of support and protection for injuries.
Donjoy Shoulder Stabilizer Shoulder Pad Attachment SPA Features:
- Designed to protect against abduction, external rotation and internal rotation.
- Adjustable for athletes specific needs without unnecessary restriction.
- Comfortable - nothing to poke or rub during play.
- Easy to use - Arm cuff and straps attach directly to the shoulder pads, which remain attached when not in use. Player can attach it themselves.
- Cool - just an armband, no chest vest. Excellent for hot summer months.
- Universal design, can be applied to either shoulder (bilateral application).
- Five sizes available - please see our sizing chart tab above for important measurement guidelines.
- A cost-effective alternative to the standard Donjoy Shoulder Stabilizer.
- Trainers and equipment managers already drill pads for other attachments - neck rolls, bicep pads.
The Donjoy Shoulder Stabilizer SPA is a strap kit that is to be installed on a player's football shoulder pads. Football shoulder pads are not included.
Available Colors: Black
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L3675
The Donjoy Shoulder Stabilizer SPA may be used for:
- Glenohumeral dislocations/subluxations.
- Rotator cuff tears.
- Acromioclavicular (AC joint) separations (shoulder separations).
- Where protection and stabilization of the shoulder post-injury and post-operatively is indicated by the physician.
- Sizing chart
Size Measurement Medium 13.1" to 14.5" Large 14.6" to 16" XLarge 16.1" to 18" 2XLarge 18.1" to 20" 3XLarge 20.1" to 22"
- Saved our son's season
- Good product, fast delivery
- Great brace, highly recommend.
- Best we've found
This one is the best. Right now this is our best hope for him to continue a winning season and he said that his shoulder feels very stable in it
When you get the brace it's 2 parts. A part that wraps around your bicep and then an "X" shaped strap. The "X" is off-center so that 2 shorter straps wrap around the bicep and 2 longer straps attach to the shoulder pads -- 1 in front and 1 in back (opposite of the injured shoulder) using buckles that come with the brace. In addition to the buckles the brace comes with 2 screws and 2 t-nuts. There are pictures to show where the buckles should attach to the shell of the pads and you just drill a hole in the shell and use the hardware that comes with each each brace to attach the buckles.
- Continued to win....
Q&A for Donjoy Shoulder Stabilizer Shoulder Pad Attachment (SPA)
- From Todd Rauch
- Q: How do you get the attachment strap for the Shoulder Stabilizer Shoulder Pad Attachment SPA to work with the tight, form-fitting football jerseys with form-fitting sleeve/holes that players use today? Seems like the only way to get this brace to work for a game is to cut a hole in the side of the jersey so the strap can attach to both the pads and the arm cuff. Has anybody had experience with this situation? We purchased one of these braces and it looks like our player will end up shredding his jersey. Of course, it's a small price to pay for shoulder protection, but maddening for coaches and a little inconvenient.
- A: Unfortunately, you'll need to cut the form-fitting jersey to make room for the straps on the Shoulder Stabilizer Shoulder Pad Attachment SPA.
So far persons found this question helpful
Ask Your Own Question
- From Todd Rauch
DME-Direct is a Donjoy Authorized Dealer Site
Donjoy believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Donjoy product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Donjoy collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Donjoy product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Donjoy therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Donjoy item through any website, unless it is an authorized Donjoy dealer.
We are a Donjoy Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Donjoy warranty. Others do not offer the original Donjoy warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Donjoy takes great care to ensure that all Donjoy authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Donjoy purchasers.