The DeRoyal Pediatric Ankle Contracture Boot is designed to provide comfort and support for treating foot and ankle contractures, drop foot, foot ankle spasticity, and wounds. The static AFO design gently places your foot into a neutral or dorsi-flexed position, and can help alleviate pressure on the heel. It features a soft Vel-foam liner for skin comfort and a padded toe piece that can be extended further past the toes to prevent sheets from pushing down on top and thus cause irritation. At bedside its detachable boot sole comes in handy to add an extra measure of safety when working on transfers or bed mobility. The DeRoyal Pediatric Ankle Contracture Boot is favorite with hospitals for its universal size and ability to be used on both the right and left sides. The product can be used to position the foot with ankle contractures, conditions resulting in drop foot, and to relieve heel pressure while in bed.
DeRoyal Pediatric Ankle Contracture Boot Features:
- Simple velcro closures (without straps) make it easy to apply and remove the boot.
- Comfortable and soft Vel-Foam material for all day comfort.
- Latex safe for people with skin sensitivities.
- Anti-rotation bar in the back can be used to limit external or internal rotation.
- Padded toe piece helps to keep bed linens off the foot, thereby preventing possible pressure sores.
- Detachable boot sole can be used for transfers and light gait training.
- Universal pediatric sizing, and can be worn on left or right foot.
Available Colors: Royal Blue
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L4396