DeRoyal DeROM Dynamic Wrist Splint is the clinician's preferred product for soft tissue contractures, range of motion (ROM) limitations, or joint stiffness resulting from trauma, immobilization, or neurological disorders. Combining flexion and extension in one unit, the Wrist Orthosis may be used as a dynamic, static, or static progressive splint. Dynamic splinting utilizes the method of low load prolonged stretching (LLPS), which involves applying a low amount of force to the affected joint for a prolonged period of time with little or no discomfort to the patient. The result is a permanent stretch of the soft tissue and permanent restoration of the joint's ROM. Static progressive splinting best mimics manual therapy by using the high load brief stretch (HLBS) modality, combining static stretching with stress relaxation to stretch or elongate the contracted tissue. This method applies a moderate amount of force to the affected joint for a short period of time, reducing overall therapy time.
Dynamic Wrist Splints feature easy to set and release tension with an integrated adjustment tool and tension release lever. In addition, a Tension Limiting Control (TLC) knob prohibits excessive force and range of motion stops allow for static progressive splinting. DeROM® Wrist is universal for use with the left or right arm and hinge may be placed on radial or ulnar side for patient comfort. Malleable cuffs allow for a customized fit on the universally sized wrist splint. Cuffs include replaceable soft foam with self-wicking liners for patient comfort, which are also available for purchase separately. DeRoyal Dynamic Wrist Splints are latex-free and feature unique quick straps for easy application and removal.
DeRoyal DeROM Dynamic Wrist Splint Features:
- Dynamic splint provides low load prolonged stretch to soft tissue to restore joint’s ROM.
- Fits MP width 2 1/4" - 3 3/4".
- Flexion and extension assist in a single unit.
- Malleable cuffs for a customized fit.
- Easy to set and release tension with integrated adjustment tool and tension release lever.
- Hinge may be placed on radial or ulnar side for patient comfort.
- Unique quick straps for easy application and removal.
- Tension Limiting Control (TLC) knob prohibits excessive force.
- Range of motion stops for static progressive splinting.
- Universally sized.
- Fits right/left.