Dermanet Wound Contact Layer is a primary dressing that protects delicate granulation tissue from secondary dressings. Ideally suited for burns and chronic wounds, Dermanet can be used as a lining for deep wounds before packing materials or gauze is applied. It can be applied dry or can be coated with a topical ointment, and is suitable for burns and chronic wounds..
DeRoyal Dermanet Wound Contact Layer Features:
- A non-adherent wound contact layer dressing.
- Place directly on wound to protect wound surface during healing.
- Shields fragile granulation tissue from disturbance caused by secondary dressings.
- Non-adherent dressing.
- May be used dry or coated with topical ointment.
- Air & fluid permeable.
- Ideal for lining deep wounds before the application of packing materials or under gauze.
- Reduces trauma during wound dressing removal.
- Mesh net is soft and conformable while remaining strong and non-linting.
- Available in sheets or rolls.
What is Dermanet? Dermanet is high-density polyethylene formulated into a light-weight porous fine mesh net.
Application & Removal:
- Apply topical medication to wound or to the dressing.
- Place Dermanet on the wound.
- Cover with secondary dressing.
- If wound is deep or open, line the wound with the product, use appropriate packing material and then put on the cover dressing.
- For dressing change, lift it out of the wound (similar to how you'd pluck a tea bag out of a cup). This should not be painful.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC:
Product Number HCPC 46-140, 46-141, 46-142 A6208 46-143 A6207 46-145 A6206
Dermanet® Wound Contact Layer may be used for:
- Chronic wounds.
- Graft sites.
- Donor sites.
- Granulating dermal ulcers.
- To line wounds that are deep before packing the wound (pressure sores/open incisions).
NOTE: Dermanet does not clean or debride the wound (ie: remove dead tissue).
- Sizing chart
Product Type Size Product Number Sheets 3" x 3" (7.6 x 7.6 cm) 46-145 Sheets 4" x 5" (10 x 12.7cm) 46-143 Sheets 8" x 10" (20 x 25.4 cm) 46-142 Sheets 20" x 15" (51 x 38 cm) 46-141 Sheets 24" x 36" (61 x 91 cm) 46-140 Rolls 6" x 72" (15.2 x 183 cm) 46-144
- High-density polyethylene mesh "net" that is air and water permeable.
- Comforting for burned skin
Q&A for DeRoyal Dermanet Wound Contact Layer
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a DeRoyal Authorized Dealer Site
DeRoyal believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a DeRoyal product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest DeRoyal collection and ensure you are getting a genuine DeRoyal product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
DeRoyal therefore recommends that you do not purchase a DeRoyal item through any website, unless it is an authorized DeRoyal dealer.
We are a DeRoyal Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the DeRoyal warranty. Others do not offer the original DeRoyal warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
DeRoyal takes great care to ensure that all DeRoyal authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to DeRoyal purchasers.