The Cybertech BiMod Chairback System (aka Cybertech BiMod) is a specialty chairback brace designed to provide a high degree of immobilization for multiple level lumbar spine injuries. The BiMod brace provides rigid control to the front, back and sides of the torso with the rigid chairback frame. The Cybertech BiMod Chairback features a outer corset with a patented pulley design which provides 6X more power for maximizing compression throughout your abdominal area. The corset is easy to remove and can be used by itself later in the recovery process. The corset features a 1-hand, 1-second adjustment pulley handle that provides proper support and lower back pain relief while walking, standing, sitting, or driving. Physicians appreciate how the chairback frame can easily be custom-shaped with a heat gun to make fitting adjustments if needed. The Cybertech BiMod Chairback features ventilation cutouts to keep you cool with all day use and is ideally worn over existing clothing. The product can be ordered with your choice of a low profile 8" tall corset or a standard 10" high corset. The Bi-Mod brace is well suited for treating multi-level spine pathology, spinal stenosis, spondylolysis, and spondylolisthesis.
Cybertech BiMod Back Brace Features:
- Cybertech's BiMod chairback design provides rigid anterior-posterior, medial-lateral control and superior abdominal compression.
- Special patented pulley system provides six times more power for maximum compression.
- Easy on & off so that the LSO can be used for rehab/maintenance.
- Chairback frame can easily be custom-shaped with a heat gun.
- Adjusts very quickly using just one hand, so that you receive proper support for walking, standing, sitting, and other activities.
- Fastener in the front is very user-friendly.
- Lightweight & breathable side panels.
- Can accommodate lordotic pads (related product) to improve the support and fit.
- Available in seven sizes to fit every size individual - see sizing chart tab.
Color: choose black or white for the color of your outer corset (chairback frame is always gray).
Version: choose either the low profile 8" corset or the 10" standard corset to go with your BiMod Chairback.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC Code: L0633.
- Mechanical back pain.
- Spinal Stenosis.
- Sizing chart
- Before putting on the Chairback brace, make sure the Mechanical Advantage Pulley System is fully open and extended with the handle fastened on the left side - next to the Pulley System Unit. This ensures that once you have the Chairback on, support will be maximized.
- Placement around lower back is critical to ensure proper support.
- The spine must be centered between the left and right halves of the Pulley System Unit when the Unit is fully open and extended.
- When using the Chairback Frame Insert, the Insert must be centered on your back.
- Posterior support straps must be attached to ensure proper placement of brace to Chairback Frame Insert. Between straps for the Standard (10 inch) lumbar back support, underneath both straps for the Low Profile (8 inch) brace.
- Experiment with adjustments by simply releasing and pulling the handle as you change to a new position.
- The lower back support, with or without the rigid Chairback Frame Insert can be worn over or between layers of clothing.
Attaching the LSO corset to the Chairback Frame Insert:
1. Place spinal brace around the outside circumference of Chairback Frame Insert, keeping the handle on left side.
2. Align back brace making sure the Pulley System Unit is centered on Chairback Frame Insert.
3. Fasten posterior support straps to secure the posture back brace to the Chairback Frame Insert.
Standard (10 inch) LSO - Use Outer Holes
Low Profile (8 inch) LSO - Use Inside Holes
Instructions For Use:
- 1. Place and fasten the adjusting handle as close as possible to the Pulley System Unit. The handle must always be on the left side of your body.
- 2. With the handle fastened next to the Pulley System Unit, stand and hold the brace by its side panels horizontal to the floor, pull each side of the brace apart to ensure that the Pulley System cords are fully extended.
- 3. Wrap the brace around your body. Make sure your spine is centered between the two halves of the Pulley System Unit. The Pulley System unit must be centered on the spine. Adjust up or down on your spine to determine the best, most comfortable support location. Once you?ve determined that location, go to Step 4.
- 4. Pull slightly outward on side panels to maximize open position before using fabric fastener to close the front - right over left.
- 5. Pull handle away from fabric fastener and across body, placing handle anywhere on fabric fastener strip encircling side panels to achieve support desired. Loosen the same way.
Treating Lordosis: Lordotic pads slide into elastic straps located on the front, inside aspect of the side panels.
- The brace was designed to allow adjustment throughout the day to provide real support when you need it and less support when you don't.
- At first, pull the adjusting handle slowly - until you get used to the power.
- Tighten to stand, loosen to sit. You control the support.
- To determine the most effective support, experiment with the brace on - walk, sit, stand, etc.
- Pulling in your stomach before tightening makes pulling the handle easier.
- Don't wear the brace at its tightest for long periods of time unless instructed by your physician.
- The Pulley System Unit slides on and off metal posts. To disconnect the Pulley System Unit, slide each half outward on side panels. To reattach, reverse the process.
- Hand wash in warm water, towel off and air dry.
- Doctor referred me to you to get thisbrace...
Q&A for Cybertech BiMod Chairback System
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a Cybertech Authorized Dealer Site
Cybertech believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Cybertech brace is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Cybertech collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Cybertech product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Cybertech therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Cybertech item through any website, unless it is an authorized Cybertech dealer.
We are a Cybertech Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Cybertech warranty. Others do not offer the original Cybertech warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Cybertech takes great care to ensure that all Cybertech authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Cybertech purchasers.