The Breg X2K PTO Custom Knee Brace provides a sound method for treating tracking conditions of the patella with or without the presence of ligament instability. The custom product features Breg's unique X2K frame design that provides enhanced protection to the medial and lateral sides of the knee joint. The Breg X2K PTO Custom Knee Brace is equipped with a dynamic patella buttress that aids in controlling your patella during flexion and extension of the knee. Tension on the patella buttress can be adjusted as necessary for more or less control. The hinges are designed to allow for range of motion control for both flexion (bending) and extension Straightening): models with an adjustable hinge on the lateral side (outside aspect of the knee) can be telescoped in/out to accommodate to the exact width of your knee thus providing a more exact fit. The brace is custom fabricated from a cast mold of your knee for a more precise fit compared to an off-the-shelf brace, and is ideally suited for patients who have an ACL deficient knee or have undergone an ACL reconstruction and continue to have anterior knee pain in the front of their knee due to having chondromalacia or excessive patella laxity. Different versions of the brace frame can be fabricated according to your cast's shape, height/weight, and intended activity for use with the brace.
How Do I Measure For The Breg X2K PTO Custom Knee Brace?
To construct a brace that performs as well as it fits, the brace is fabricated from a cast mold of your knee. While this might conjure up notions of an amazingly detailed process reserved for the brave of heart, it's actually quite simple. DME-Direct sends each customer a casting kit that includes casting material, gloves, scissors, a plastic bag for your leg, a plastic scissor cutting guide, and easy to follow instructions (with plenty of pictures) for making a quality mold of your knee. After you've finished making your cast, send it back to us here and we'll examine it, plus give it our stamp of approval before forwarding it onto the manufacturer for fabrication. Manufacturing of the brace takes 24-48 hours after which the finished product will be shipped out with ground delivery.
Breg X2K PTO Custom Knee Brace Features:
- Provides ligament protection and dynamic patella control.
- Custom fabricated for an exact fit for performance - non-returnable.
- Right/left specific.
- Standard models are fabricated from 6061 aircraft aluminum; All High Performance (HP) models are manufactured out of 2024 aluminum for greater strength - more suited for high contact athletic activity.
- All models come with hinges offering range of motion control: Flexion 0, 45, 60, 75, 90 degrees; Extension 0, 10, 20, 30, 40 degrees. Models with adjustable hinge on the lateral side also control range of motion as mentioned above AND telescope in/out on the lateral side to adjust to the width of the knee for a more precise fit.
- X2K PTO Custom - a standard length brace for men 5'8" and taller with a typical thigh to lower leg shape or an athletic build; has a standard hinge allowing full flexion-extension of the knee.
- X2K PTO Women's Custom - a standard length brace for women 5'8" and taller with a typical thigh to lower leg shape or an athletic build: has a standard hinge allowing full flexion-extension of the knee.
- Compact X2K PTO Custom HP - A shorter length, high performance (HP) frame for men or women 5'7" and shorter made from higher grade 2024 aluminum for enhanced strength; Includes a standard hinge that allows full flexion-extension of the knee; Well suited for contact sports.
- X2K PTO Custom HP with Adjustable Hinge - A standard length frame made from higher grade 2024 aluminum for greater strength; Includes an adjustable hinge on the lateral side (outside aspect of the knee) that telescopes in and out to provide a more exact fit against the sides of your knee (condyles).
- Compact X2K PTO Custom HP with Adjustable Hinge - A shorter length frame for men/women 5'7" and shorter; Made from higher grade 2024 aluminum for greater strength; Also has an adjustable hinge on the lateral side that telescopes in/out to provide a more precise fit according to the width of your knee.
- After choosing your version from the pulldown above, the "finish" pulldown will automatically populate with the finish(s) available for the Breg X2K PTO version chosen. Choose between Wrinklecoat or Powdercoat finish. Wrinklecoat - provides added frame protection against abrasions and scrapes. Powdercoat - a standard shiny metalic gray finish.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L1846