The Bledsoe Achilles Walking Boot has adjustable heel wedges in the heel to treat achilles tendon conditions. As the injury improves, the wedges can be removed to stretch the achilles tendon during rehab. Four cast inter-locking 10° urethane wedges provide fast change of foot angle to relieve tension which makes this a preferred walking boot for Achilles injury and post-op Achilles repair.
The Bledsoe Achilles boot features a very low rocker bottom sole that helps normalize your walking pattern, and creates less stress on the other joints in your body. Three straps above the ankle help secure the liner and struts to your lower leg while two straps are used to secure your foot inside. The struts are made from aluminum and can be reshaped to fit any size calf, large or small. The Achilles boot comes with a standard ankle/heel pad or can be ordered with an optional air-filled ankle/heel pad the provides a noticeably better fit throughout the ankle area. This accessory also helps provide greater support during community ambulation as well. This walker is physician recommended for achilles strains, tendon tears, and post-operative recovery after surgical repairs.
Bledsoe Achilles Boot Features:
- Designed for immediate use after achilles injury.
- Aluminum boot shell and upright system can be reshaped to fit virtually any leg or ankle shape.
- Four inter-locking 10 degree tearable urethane wedges provide fast change of foot angle allowing the foot to be plantar flexed, while still steady with good ground contact. Simply pull each wedge off to lower your foot another 10 degrees.
- Achilles Boot contains three layers of pads that contour and support your ankle during ambulation.
- Unique rocker bottom design makes walking easier and reduces stress on the hips and knees.
- Optional air ankle/heel pad provides enhanced support, increased comfort, and an overall better fit inside the boot.
Bledsoe Achilles Boot Options:
- Accessory: choose "air" for the air ankle/heel pad or standard for the foam ankle/heel pad option.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L4386 (regular ankle/heel pad) or L4360 (with air ankle/heel pad)