The AlignMed S3 Posture Brace is designed to provide scapular retraction to improve postural alignment, enhance scapular shoulder function, and to relieve spine pain. The scapula brace is helps improve posture, reduce pain and expedite recovery.
The patented design signals the brain to correct improper posture, by re-educating and re-engineering the muscles surrounding the shoulder and spine. The S3 spine and scapular system has three sets of straps that can be used in three separate configurations (pictured below) to optimize the desired postural correction. By adjusting the tension on the elastic straps the scapular stabilizing effect can be modified as needed.
The zippered front of the scapula brace allows for easy removal. The S3 brace is ideal for athletes, older individuals with a rounded mid back, or anyone with rounded shoulders.
AlignMed S3 Posture Brace Features:
- Comfortable Lycra shoulder stabilization shirt for excellent breathability and durable elastic straps for creating the desired tension for improving your posture.
- Three different strapping positions for customized effectiveness.
- A premium posture brace designed to re-orient the positioning of the scapulae.
- Zippered front for easy fitting.
- Improves alignment and relieves pain and stress around the shoulders, neck, and your mid back.
- Our in stock posture brace is a black shirt with black straps since previous gray and white shirts (pictured) have been discontinued.
- The pictures above show three different ways the straps can be applied for maximum effectiveness; instructions included.
- Color: Black.
- Custom sizes are available. Please call. There is a $100 charge.
S3 Shirt Research:
Journal of Athletic Training 2013;48(1):12–24 Key findings showed an increase in electromyographic (EMG) activity of the upper, middle, and lower trapezius muscles when participants wore the scapular-stabilizing brace. The shirt along with its tension straps affected posture by reducing forward shoulder angle or rounded shoulder apearance. Clinicians might consider using a scapular brace as an adjunct to prerehabilitation and rehabilitation exercises in athletes with poor posture.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L0457