The The DonJoy IceMan CLASSIC cold therapy unit helps reduce pain and swelling, speeding up rehabilitation. The motorized IceMan provides continuous cold therapy for up to 7 hours and can be used for a variety of knee, hip, shoulder surgeries, and physician protocols. The device features DonJoy’s patented semi-closed loop recirculation system which enables the IceMan machine to deliver more consistent and accurate temperatures than other cold therapy units. The Iceman cold therapy system is ideally suited for recovery after arthroscopic joint procedures, holds up to 11 quarts, and connects to your choice of wrap-on or cold therapy pads which bath the joint with patient-controlled cold therapy for hours before needing to be refilled with ice. Compared to other cryotherapy machines, the Donjoy Iceman Classic 1100 model provides the best in-class features - a large cooler size plus a thermostat for accurate temperature control. The Donjoy Iceman® is shipped ready for immediate use and includes: the Iceman cooler, pump with hose attached, and a three prong AC adapter; Simply choose your choice of wrap-on (elastic velcro strap included) or cold pad best suited for your recovery.
Donjoy IceMan Cold Therapy Unit Features:
- Two-position locking lid.
- Hose stirrup for protection of the hose exiting the system.
- Thermostat for inlet temperature control and monitoring.
- Semi-closed loop system provides efficient cold water flow out to the pad.
- Large cooler size for extended therapy.
- We protect every patient - Click to see our Donjoy Iceman return policy
- Single-patient use; Non-returnable for patient protection.
Available Wrap-On Pad Ordering Information: See sizing chart tab for size guidelines.
- McGuire Knee w/Open Patella 11-1268 (10.85” x 11.34”).
- Universal Multiuse Reg. Hose 11-0679 (10.85” x 11.34”).
- Universal Multiuse Extended Hose 11-0680 (10.85” x 11.34”).
- Universal Multiuse XL, Reg. Hose 11-0681 (12” x 11.34”).
- Universal Multiuse XL, Extended Hose 11-0682 (12” x 11.34”).
- Universal Shoulder 11-1334 (14" x 23" x 12.5").
- Universal Shoulder Small 11-1397 (12.75" x 19" x 12.25").
- Hip: Left 11-9112 or Right 11-9111.
- Forefoot 11-1521.
- Ankle 11-1522.
Replacement Parts: Replacement parts and accessories are available for this unit - please visit the "Iceman Accessories" listing.
Please carefully read before purchasing this product:
I am currently under the treatment of a physician who has prescribed this cryotherapy product. I will read and carefully follow the manufacturer's directions provided with the unit. I understand that I will assume all responsibility for the use/misuse of this unit. I will contact my physician immediately in the case of any untoward reactions caused by use of this cryotherapy unit. I understand that DME-Direct.com is only a distributor of the product and in no way assumes responsibility for any injury it may cause due to malfunction, misuse, inappropriate application, or other reason. Furthermore, DME-Direct.com cannot provide specific details as to the product's application or use, other than is provided in the product documentation, developed by this product manufacturer. By adding this product to your cart you certify that the above statement(s) is/are true.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: E0218 + E0249
The Donjoy Iceman® is routinely used to reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation for
- Post surgical recovery - knee, shoulder, hip arthroscopic procedures.
- Rehabilitation following total arthroplasty.
- Pain relief for chronic musculoskeletal injuries.
- Sizing chart
Most pads for the Donjoy IceMan are adult universally sized to fit every size patient, large or small. Here are some helpful hints to observe to help order the right size pad with your Donjoy IceMan :
- Shoulder comes in two sizes: Regular and Small. Small is indicated for short and petite individuals; regular to large size individuals choose the Regular.
- Universal Multiuse pads come in four configurations and all "look" like the universal wrap-on pad pictured above in our picture box. The difference: "Regular" fits 90% of individuals. The "XL" size pad (about 2" larger) provides slightly more coverage for larger shaped legs. Second variation is in the length of the hose: Regular Hose (RH) is 6.5" and the Extended Hose (EH), 15" is twice as long in the stem portion of the hose exiting the pad
- Hip pad: Have to choose left or right.
- This is a motorized device and requires a standard three prong outlet.
Warranty: 6 months for pads and coolers - warrantied against workmanship. They are non-returnable per DJO, and will be replaced if there is a defective issue with their function within the warranty period. Note: Donjoy does NOT warranty a purchase of the Donjoy Iceman on Ebay or Amazon because of these third party's "loose" return policies that do not ensure patient protection.
- Worth it.
- Don Joy Cold Therapy Unit Is Fantastic
- Good Value
Q&A for Donjoy Iceman CLASSIC Cold Therapy Unit
- From DJ
- Q: I filled the tub, plugged it in and nothing happened. The transformer got warm but the motor did not start. Is there something I can troubleshoot?
- A: With this device if it's not circulating water out to the pad and back to the cooler then the pump is shot. The pump/motor is completely contained inside the unit and is not patient accessible to prevent "tinkering" with. The product makes a quiet hum and, because it's quiet, you'll need to get a new working unit.
So far 64 persons found this question helpful
- From gman
- Q: I have two Iceman units from different surgerys but have misplaced both power cords. Does anyone know what volt these run with so I can replace them?
- A: We sell the replacement transformer specifically designed and manufactured for the Iceman - it is a genuine Donjoy transformer. The transformer is not a typical voltage as commonly searched for at various electronic stores such as Radio Shack, etc. We receive calls weekly from people who purchase non-Donjoy brand 3 prong transformers from wholesale electronics stores only to see them burn out the device's motor instead of going with an authentic replacement part.
So far 17 persons found this question helpful
- From Bill
- Q: I can't seem to get the machine to cool consistently. I have tried using crushed ice and then filled with water and then removed everything and filled with water and frozen ice containers. It does cool but then seems to shut down. I am trying to get a constant 55 degree flow temp. Can I run the machine constantly or must it shut down for periods? What can we possibly be doing wrong?
- A: Hi Bill,
You'll always be able to achieve colder temperatures by using regular - large size ice cubes over crushed ice. As for the device not achieving a cold temperature, the thermostat control is designed to speed up the flow of water out to the pad to make it colder so if you're not getting a cold enough temperature out at the thermostat, after switching out the crushed for larger size ice cubes, then perhaps there's an issue with the pump. Also, the device does not need to be shut down...ever... to essentially "reboot" the temperature, so again, it sounds like you may be using a cooler with a lot of miles on it and the pump may finally be on its last legs.Please check with the facility who provided you the device originally for further trouble shooting.
So far persons found this question helpful
- From Frank
- Q: Is the hose included in the purchase of the cooler? What is the length of the hose?
- A: Hi Frank,
The hose is attached to the cooler itself and is included in the price. The cooler outlet hose is approximately 60" in length.
So far persons found this question helpful
- From Paula
- Q: My husband had shoulder replacement surgery and we borrowed an Iceman from a friend of ours who is a physical therapist. It was awesome and we are going to purchase one of our own - I'm having both knees replaced. Before we return his Iceman, we would like to clean it - it has a musty smell. Can you add vinegar or something to the water to freshen it up a little?
- A: Hi Paula,
The best way to clean the Iceman is to run 1/2 cup of vinegar through the machine and pad for half an hour. Then let the machine and pad both air dry.
So far persons found this question helpful
Ask Your Own Question
- From DJ
DME-Direct is a Donjoy Authorized Dealer Site
Donjoy believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Donjoy product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Donjoy collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Donjoy product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Donjoy therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Donjoy item through any website, unless it is an authorized Donjoy dealer.
We are a Donjoy Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Donjoy warranty. Others do not offer the original Donjoy warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Donjoy takes great care to ensure that all Donjoy authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Donjoy purchasers.