The Polar Care Kodiak® is the most convenient and versatile cold therapy system in Breg's Polar Care offering. The device features a 9 quart capacity cooler with a robust pump for enhanced durability and ultra-quiet performance. The Kodiak Polar Ice machine features an excellent filtration system to prevent clogs and is designed to run for 6-8 hours before requiring fresh ice and cold water. This means less work for you: let the ice therapy machine do all of the work! The Kodiak Polar Care ice machine utilizes the latest ergonomically designed Intelli-Flo pads from Breg to mold around the joint and provide automatic regulated temperature control. No more temperature control dials - the pads control the amount of cold automatically, so you reap the benefits of a safer treatment application. The Breg Polar Care Kodiak ice therapy machine is lightweight and provides similar results when compared with larger cold therapy models.
Breg Polar Care Kodiak Features:
- Advanced motor design for quiet performance.
- Provides 6-8 hours of cold therapy before needing ice and cold water.
- Advanced filter design to prevent clogging.
- New Breg Intelli-Flow pads mold to the body and provide automatic temperature control- no thermostat control.
- Easy to use; the Kodiak requires minimal set up.
- Click to see our Polar Care Kodiak return policy
- For single patient use; non-returnable.
Breg Kodiak Intelli-Flo Pads:
- 10240 - Intelli-Flo, Multi-Use
- 10245 - Intelli-Flo, Multi-Use, Long Stem - Adds 6" to the stem of the pad.
- 10230 - Intelli-Flo, Knee
- 10220 - Intelli-Flo, Shoulder
- 10225 - Intelli-Flo, Shoulder XL - for 6'3" and taller or very heavy individuals.
- 10210 - Intelli-Flo, Ankle - Pad dimensions- 12.75 X 18.5", 5" tube length, *Sterile Dressing included
- 10211 - Intelli-Flo, Ankle Small - Pad dimensions- 8.25 X 9.75", 4.75" tube length
- 10250 - Intelli-Flo, Back
- 10260 - Intelli-Flo, Hand/wrist, *Sterile Dressing included
- 10205 - Intelli-Flo, 3x5,*Sterile Dressing included
Read before purchasing the Polar Care Kodiak unit :
I am currently under the treatment of a physician who has prescribed this Breg Polar Care Kodiak model and have obtained a prescription for use. I will read and carefully follow the manufacturer's directions provided with the unit. I understand that I will assume all responsibility for the use/misuse of this item. I will contact my physician immediately in the case of any untoward reactions caused by use of this cold therapy device. I understand that DME-Direct.com is only a distributor of the product and in no way assumes responsibility for any injury it may cause due to malfunction, misuse, inappropriate application, or other reason. Furthermore, DME-Direct.com cannot provide specific details as to the product's application or use, other than is provided in the product documentation, developed by this product manufacturer. By clicking "Buy Now" you certify that the above statement(s) is/are true.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: E0218 + E0249
The Polar Care Kodiak cold therapy unit can be used for:
- Post-surgical rehab.
- Pain relief.
- Sizing chart
- Kodiak pads are universally sized for adults.
- Regular Shoulder (10220) fits most adults. Shoulder XL (10225) is for individuals 6'3" and taller or very heavy people.
- The Multi-use comes in a regular size (10240) or Multi-use, Long Stem (10245), and both can be used on your knee, hip, or shoulder joints.
- Electrical Specifications Input: 120 VAC 60 HZ 124 mA max.
- Electrical Classifications:Class II, Continuous Operation.
Not suitable for flammable anesthetics.
- Standards Compliance: Designed to conform to applicable requirements of
UL 60601-1, CSA C22.2 / No. 601.1
- Power: 6 VDC 600-1000 mA.
- System Weight: 4.0 lbs when empty, 14.5 lbs when filled with water and ice.
Customer Reviews 25 item(s)
- Excellent product and service
- The perfect partner to a knee replacement...
- The best cold therapy!
- Great product
- Great unit and prompt delivery
- Just what I was looking for
- Excellent cold therapy unit
- Kodiak is providing relief
- Product is great but need constant refilling with ice
- Great Relief
- Great icing system
- Too early
- Great product
- Great device
- A miracle machine after shoulder surgery.
- Miracle for my ankle
- Love my unit
- GREATEST BREG PRODUCT FOR COLD THERAPY
- B. Goldstein
Q&A for Breg Polar Care Kodiak Cold Therapy Unit
- From Ann
- Q: Do any pads come with the unit? Is the multi-use pad good for shoulder (rotator cuff repair) and knee (replacement) for an extra-large man? What does the long stem provide vs regular stem (ie why would one choose one over the other?)
- A: Hi Ann,
The pads for the Breg Kodiak are chosen individually to complement your Kodiak purchase - we offer all of the different pads instead of bundling the unit with say, a muli-use pad for example, so that you can order the exact pad that's necessary for the type and location of your surgery. The muli-use pad is designed for use on both a shoulder or a knee joint and has stretchable elastic straps to fit most size individuals. While those straps can stretch to fit even large size people, we cannot tell you that it is "definitely" capable of fitting an "extra large" size man as a 275 lb individual obviously has more flesh than say a 500 lb extra large man. The multi-use, long stem (10245) is 16 3/4" long vs the regular length multi-use (10240) which has a 5" long stem portion (referring to portion of the hose existing out of the pad). So, while the hose exiting from the unit is 5' long, if you feel that you would need a little extra hose length, say for use on a shoulder, then you might want to consider ordering the pad with the additional stem length.
So far 127 persons found this question helpful
- From Kristina
- Q: HI - what are prescribing instructions??
- A: Hi Kristina,
Prescribing instructions refers to your doctor's recommendations towards the during and frequency of using the device. He/she might say for you to use it everyday (frequency) for a maximum of 6 hours (duration). The idea here is that your doctor will often give those directions as part of the instructions when you're discharged from the hospital to go home after your surgery whether it be an ACL reconstruction, a rotator cuff repair, etc
So far 120 persons found this question helpful
- From Jackie
- Q: Unit has quit pumping. Sounds like it is running but liquid is not going through tube to pads. What could be the problem? Any trouble shooting pointers?
- A: Hi Jackie,
Please look at our Kodiak Instructions pdf which has troubleshooting steps to follow to clean the pump's filter assembly - it's easy and takes just two minutes to clean your filter. Particles in your water eventually get caught in the filter. When you let it dry out from non-use, these particles can get clogged inside the filter thus backing up the flow of water through the device. Take a quick look at the troubleshooting tips on our guide and this should help remedy this situation.
So far 119 persons found this question helpful
- From Herb
- Q: Do you have a pad that you would recommend for a 6'1" man who weighs 240 lbs. who has a hamstring pull? Thanks.
- A: Hi Herb,
The Multi-use Intelli-flo pad #10240 would be the ideal pad to use for treating this type of injury.
So far 120 persons found this question helpful
- From Bill
- Q: I have a Kodiac unit and a shoulder pad from a 500 unit. Is there a converter stem that will allow the use of the 500 shoulder pad on the Kodiac?
- A: Hi Bill,
I'm sorry there isn't a converter available for using wrap-on pads on a Kodiak. The Kodiak uses Intelli-Flo pads only.
So far 113 persons found this question helpful
- From Ann
DME-Direct is a Breg Authorized Dealer Site
Breg believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Breg product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Breg collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Breg product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Breg therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Breg item through any website, unless it is an authorized Breg dealer.
We are a Breg Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Breg warranty. Others do not offer the original Breg warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Breg takes great care to ensure that all Breg authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Breg purchasers.