Q&A for Breg Kodiak Accessories, Parts, Intelli-Flo Pads
- From Kathy
- Q: Can I buy additional straps for the Breg pad we were given at the hospital? We are using it after hip surgery and it is wonderful, but we can already see that the straps are stretching and wearing. Thanks.
- A: The velcro straps for Inteli-Flo pads are not sold as a separate item by the manufacturer. Each pad is sold individually and includes its corresponding straps in a sealed bag for cleanliness.
- From Karen Underwood
- Q: I am planning to purchase the Kodiak Breg Cold Therapy machine but am uncertain exactly what is needed for a person approx. 6 foot, 200 lbs who is having right rotator cuff surgery. Questions are;
1.) Are dressing pads necessary? And why if so?
2.) Should I order the multi-purpose long stem, or regular shoulder, or shoulder XL???
3.) Is there extension tubing that is needed?
Your assistance would be appreciated
- A: Hi Karen,
1) The sterile dressing serves as both an insulation layer to reduce your skin's exposure to direct cold and also functions as a barrier over an incision site to reduce the chance of infection. While the Kodiak inteli-flo pads are design to auto-regulate the temperature inside, Breg recommends that a sterile dressing be used with ALL of the cold therapy devices for protection from the cold overexposure.
2) All three of these pads will work - the multi-purpose is cut to provide a "general" fit and can be used on a hip, a knee, and a shoulder as well. You'll get a little extra length ie 5-6" from the "long" stem as opposed to the regular length stems coming out of the other pads, but then the hose is 5" anyway so it's not going to provide any tangible difference there. The regular shoulder and the XL shoulder are both cut and designed to fit exactly a shoulder..and not anywhere else. So the pad is really specific for that body part. You can't go wrong with either one but according to your gender, height, and weight, we'd error on the side of having a little extra coverage and go with the XL size.
3) The unit comes complete with the attached hose that exits out of the cooler so no additional extension tubing is required to use the device right out of the box.
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a Breg Authorized Dealer Site
Breg believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Breg product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Breg collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Breg product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Breg therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Breg item through any website, unless it is an authorized Breg dealer.
We are a Breg Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Breg warranty. Others do not offer the original Breg warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Breg takes great care to ensure that all Breg authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Breg purchasers.