The Zensah 3/4 Basketball Tights are the most popular style of basketball tights worn by today's professional athletes. They are cut longer past the knee to apply added compression to the entire leg compared to standard length compression shorts. Unlike competitors' NBA tights, these feature a seamless design along with embedded silver ions to fight odor build up found with typical performance products. The Zensah 3/4 basketball tights are designed to make a statement under long-cut basketball and/or cycling shorts and enhance muscle performance by applying compression evenly to the thigh and knee. They provide additional energy return from the muscles of the lower quarter and perform as good as they look.
Zensah 3/4 Basketball Tights Features:
- 3/4 tights provides additional compression around the knee compared to standard length shorts.
- Ultra moisture wicking Meryl fibers wick perspiration away from the body.
- Silver ion laced fabric fights against bacteria responsible for odor build up and MRSA outbreaks commonly seen in today's high school and college athletic environments.
- 3/4 tights function as an innovative seamless garment designed as a true second-skin, providing the athlete greater performance, comfort and mobility.
- Worn as NBA tights by leading NBA players including Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat.
What is MRSA?
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a specific strain of the Staphylococcus aureus bacterium also commonly referred to as a STAPH infection. Although outbreaks of MRSA usually have been associated with health-care institutions, MRSA is emerging as a cause of skin infections in high school and college athletics AND IS ON THE RISE. Some of the athletes in the NBA who have previously had Staph infections include Grant Hill, Paul Pierce, and Drew Gooden. MRSA is usually contracted by a break in the skin. It comes off the skin onto items such as towels, gym equipment, and body contacts in sports. This NFL skull cap contains silver threads in carefully controlled ratios to completely kill the MRSA and vMRSA bacteria on contact.
Other NFL sports cap models do not feature advanced fabric construction. Their moisture wicking apparel is polyester based. Zensah 3/4 basketball tights is not polyester based, and uses a proprietary Meryl fabric which has silver ions woven throughout to provide the first line of defense against MRSA.