The Donjoy Lateral J Knee Brace helps improve patella tracking and reduce mild pain associated with patellar subluxation, dislocations or lateral patellofemoral malalignment. The patella tracker's tubular buttress insert and bifurcated tension strap direct forces medially providing inferior and lateral patella stabilization. Tracking is improved and stress on the underside of the kneecap is reduced with activities like walking or climbing stairs. The Donjoy Lateral J knee brace without hinge is often used to treat chondromalacia, patella tracking conditions, subluxations/dislocations, and overall alignment of the patellofemoral joint. The product has spiral stays on the sides to help it maintain its shape and not roll down on the sides. It's available in standard Neoprene or breathable Drytex material for use in warmer climates.
Donjoy Lateral J Knee Brace Features:
- Tubular lateral "J" buttress for patellar stabilization.
- Lateral to medial strapping for additional stabilization.
- Two versions to choose from: 4mm Neoprene for heat and compression or Drytex material for patients with allergies or irritations to neoprene. Drytex breathes better; excellent for warmer climates.
- Available in left or right configuration.
- Can be hand-washed (cold water with mild soap) and line dry (avoid dryer).
- Six sizes available for a perfect fit.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L1810.
The Donjoy Lateral J Patella Knee Brace may be used to treat:
- Patella Instability.
- Patellofemoral (knee cap) disorders.
- Lateral patella tracking.
- Patella Subluxation/dislocation.
- Sizing chart
Measure your thigh 6" above mid-patella to choose the correct size:
Size Thigh Circumference XS 13 - 15 1/2" (33-39cm) S 15 1/2 - 18 1/2" (39-47cm) M 18 1/2 - 21" (47-53cm) L 21 - 23 1/2" (53-60cm) XL 23 1/2 - 26 1/2" (60-67cm) XXL 26 1/2 - 29 1/2" (67-75cm)
- Standard 4mm neoprene material or polyester/nylon based Drytex material.
- Fabric ripped after wearing only 6 times.
- Excellent brace!
- Helpful For My Knee Cap Dislocation
- Good Design But Could Be Better
- Great Brace
- Drytex Is Very Comfortable
- Best Knee Brace
Q&A for Donjoy Lateral J Knee Brace
- From Bill
- Q: I have a question about size. My knee measures 17.5" above knee, 16" center of knee and 16" below knee. Do I need a small or medium brace? Also the lateral j brace with hinges, do the hinges pivot? Thanks.
- A: You would need a size small in the Donjoy Lateral J Patella Knee Brace for the correct fit.
So far persons found this question helpful
Ask Your Own Question
- From Bill
DME-Direct is a Donjoy Authorized Dealer Site
Donjoy believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Donjoy product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Donjoy collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Donjoy product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Donjoy therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Donjoy item through any website, unless it is an authorized Donjoy dealer.
We are a Donjoy Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Donjoy warranty. Others do not offer the original Donjoy warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Donjoy takes great care to ensure that all Donjoy authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Donjoy purchasers.