The DeRoyal Pediatric Ankle Contracture Boot is designed to provide comfort and support for treating foot and ankle contractures, drop foot, foot ankle spasticity, and wounds. The static AFO design gently places your foot into a neutral or dorsi-flexed position, and can help alleviate pressure on the heel. It features a soft Vel-foam liner for skin comfort and a padded toe piece that can be extended further past the toes to prevent sheets from pushing down on top and thus cause irritation. At bedside its detachable boot sole comes in handy to add an extra measure of safety when working on transfers or bed mobility. The DeRoyal Pediatric Ankle Contracture Boot is favorite with hospitals for its universal size and ability to be used on both the right and left sides. The product can be used to position the foot with ankle contractures, conditions resulting in drop foot, and to relieve heel pressure while in bed.
DeRoyal Pediatric Ankle Contracture Boot Features:
- Simple velcro closures (without straps) make it easy to apply and remove the boot.
- Comfortable and soft Vel-Foam material for all day comfort.
- Latex safe for people with skin sensitivities.
- Anti-rotation bar in the back can be used to limit external or internal rotation.
- Padded toe piece helps to keep bed linens off the foot, thereby preventing possible pressure sores.
- Detachable boot sole can be used for transfers and light gait training.
- Universal pediatric sizing, and can be worn on left or right foot.
Available Colors: Royal Blue
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L4396
The DeRoyal Pediatric Ankle Contracture Boot may be used to treat:
- Mild to moderate plantar flexion contractures, hip rotation, drop foot and pressure on the heel.
- NOTE: Not recommended for severe plantar flexion contractures, open wounds, severe spasticity or thrombosis.
- Sizing chart
Remove all liner pieces and fasten all hook & loop closures. Put liner pieces in mesh laundry bag (included with the purchase of this product) and machine wash in warm water with mild detergent. Do not use Bleach. Rinse and tumble dry.
- My Son's Situation
Q&A for DeRoyal Pediatric Ankle Contracture Boot
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a DeRoyal Authorized Dealer Site
DeRoyal believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a DeRoyal product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest DeRoyal collection and ensure you are getting a genuine DeRoyal product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
DeRoyal therefore recommends that you do not purchase a DeRoyal item through any website, unless it is an authorized DeRoyal dealer.
We are a DeRoyal Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the DeRoyal warranty. Others do not offer the original DeRoyal warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
DeRoyal takes great care to ensure that all DeRoyal authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to DeRoyal purchasers.