The most popular mouthguard in the nation, now with a lip guard and an innovative quick release tether that easily converts from strapped to strapless. The Shock Doctor Gel Max Lip Guard convertible mouthguard has a heavy-duty Exoskeletal Shock Frame™ and Gel-Fit™ Liner that provide maximum protection, fit and comfort in an easy to fit triple-layer design. It has a breathing channel that allows for easy breathing while clenching the teeth together. Convertible tether for strapped or strapless use.
Shock Doctor Gel Max Lip Guard Features:
- Adult ages 11+ and up; Youth 10 and younger.
- Convertible mouthguard can be used strapped or strapless.
- Provides maximum high impact shock absorption. for the teeth, lips, and jaw.
- Heavy-duty rubber Exoskeletal Shock Frame™ with integrated jaw pads.
- Gel-Fit™ liner offers protection, comfort and a perfect fit.
- Integrated, flexible lip guard protects upper and lower lips.
- Multi material, Multi-Layer Construction™ out-performs ordinary mouthguards.
- Triple-layer design easy to fit.
- Breathing Channel for easy breathing.
- Quick-release helmet tether included.
- Content: EVA, Krayton, Mid-density polyethelene/polypropylene, Polyurethane.
- Not intended for use with braces.
- Latex free.
- Non-returnable once opened do to health reasons.
Available colors: Blue/Black, Blue, Red and Orange
Shock Doctor Gel Max Convertible Lip Guard Mouthguard is indicated for protection during sports.
- Sizing chart
Shock Doctor Gel Max Convertible Lip Guard Mouthguard - Fitting Instructions:
WARNING! NOT FOR USE WITH BRACES DO NOT CHEW YOUR MOUTHGUARD.
In order for a mouthguard to protect, fit, and last it must be worn properly on your teeth and gums as indicated in the fitting instructions. If any mouthguard is chewed or not worn properly, its protection, fit and durability will be greatly diminished.
TO FIT THIS MOUTHGUARD YOU WILL NEED:
- Gel Max Lip Guard Mouthguard.
- Boiling water.
- Slotted spoon.
- Cold tap water.
- A clock or watch with second hand.
1. Fill saucepan with 3 to 4 inches of water. Bring water to a boil.
2. Remove water from heat source. Let water stand for 30 seconds, then place mouthguard in water for 90 seconds. Do not exceed 90 seconds.
3. Carefully remove mouthguard from hot water with a slotted spoon.
4. Cool mouthguard under tap water for 1-2 seconds only to bring surface temperature to a comfortable level.
5. Lick your lips before placing mouthguard in your mouth.
6. Watching in mirror, line up mouthguard carefully with the centerline of upper teeth. Fit mouthguard onto and around upper teeth and press firmly into molars first then front teeth.
7. Bring lower jaw forward and up into base of mouthguard with teeth in alignment with lower channel. Bite down hard on mouthguard, suck in strongly, and use fingers to press edges of mouthguard into teeth and gum line through lips and cheeks for 20 seconds.
8. Remove the Shock Doctor Gel Max Lip Guard and cool under tap water for 30 seconds. Replace into mouth and test for a good, firm fit.
9. Repeat steps 1 through 8 if fit is not accurate.
© 2008 Shock Doctor, Inc.
DME-Direct is an Shock Doctor Authorized Dealer Site
Shock Doctor believes that the best way for you to select and purchase an Shock Doctor product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Shock Doctor collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Shock Doctor product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Shock Doctor therefore recommends that you do not purchase an Shock Doctor item through any website, unless it is an authorized Shock Doctor dealer.
We are a Shock Doctor Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Shock Doctor warranty. Others do not offer the original Shock Doctor warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Shock Doctor takes great care to ensure that all Active authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Shock Doctor purchasers.