Most Breg WrapOn Polar Pads and Polar Pads are universal (fits right and left sides) and will fit adults of any size. Below are types of pads that are sized ie the exceptions to that rule:
- Knee (Regular) 04700 - Fits up to 5' 7".
- Knee (Large) 04703 - Fits 5' 8" to 6' 3".
- Knee (XL) - 04705 - Fits 6' 4" and taller and/or very heavy individuals. Pad width 18"
- Shoulder (Universal) 04900 - Universal size fits most all adults.
- Shoulder (XL Universal) 04905 - Intended for very large or heavyset adults.
- Multiuse XL (04790) - Versatile pad conforms relatively well on most body parts. Pad width 10"
- Multiuse XL with long stem (04740) - same as above pad, but the hose is a few inches. longer.
Q&A for Breg Polar Care 500 Cold Therapy Unit
- From Pam
- Q: Hello, is the Polar Care Therapy System billable to Medicare? And if so, what is the correct HCPC code to use?
- A: Hi Pam,
Medicare stopped paying for all cold therapy back in the 80's so unfortunately Medicare will not cover any of the Polar Care systems. This product is a cash and carry product for patients. DME-Direct warehouses the complete line of coolers, pads, and replacement parts for these devices instead of drop-shipping orders through the manufacturer which can result in lengthy, ununnecessary shipping delays for consumers, patients, and physicians.
- From chris
- Q: I am considering either 500 or Kodiak for my rotator cuff post-surgery recovery.
1. Which one is easier to use?
2. Is there a timer ?
3. Is there in/off mechanism?
4. How easy is it to plug in/out the shoulder pad with one hand?
5. How easy is it to put should pad on/off with one arm?
5. Does shoulder pad stay in place or do I need to buy a wrap?
6. Is there a user manual PDF I can look at?
- A: Hi Chris,
1) Both the Polar Care 500 and Kodiak are "plug and play" style units. Simply connect their 3 prong adapters and they will start to run. The Kodiak automatically controls the temperature in the pad while the Polar Care 500 has an adjustable thermostat halfway down the length of the outflow hose for raising or lowering the temperature. Turn the flow valve on the thermostat to increase the flow of water to make it colder; slow down the flow of water to make the pad warmer. 2) Both units do not have any sort of timer. 3) Plugging in the 3 prong wall adapter serves as the formal on and off switch. Disconnect it and the pump stops. 4) The ease of putting on the shoulder pad is really dependent on the amount of shoulder mobility you have after surgery. Most people are able to apply the shoulder pad by themselves or with a minimal amount of assistance from a family member/friend. 5) Both units feature easy to use push style connectors that anyone can fit after surgery - they take maybe 1 lb of force to connect the pad to the hose - very simple. 6) The wrap-on pads for the 500 and the intelli-flo pads for the Kodiak both have velcro compatible "wraps" to hold the pad in place on your shoulder, and their attachment points are numbered on the pad itself to eliminate and guesswork. 7) Each unit comes with a manual that goes over safeguards, and operation as mentioned on our product page - we do not have a pdf page of the product's manual here on our site, but you can always chat live or phone us if you have any additional questions that need answers.
- From Lisa
- Q: Is there a way I can order a new "bow tie" piece for my unit? If so, can you tell me how much. Thanks.
- A: Hi Lisa,
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news: All replacement parts including bow ties for the Polar Care 500 have been discontinued and no longer available for this device. The only thing still available are the Wrap-on style pads as they have the same male-female connector as that found on the new Polar Care Glacier (the device that has replaced the old Polar Care 500)
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a Breg Authorized Dealer Site
Breg believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Breg product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Breg collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Breg product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Breg therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Breg item through any website, unless it is an authorized Breg dealer.
We are a Breg Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Breg warranty. Others do not offer the original Breg warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Breg takes great care to ensure that all Breg authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Breg purchasers.