The Breg Polar Care 500 represents the most recognized unit in the Breg family of continuous cold therapy devices. It features a unique temperature monitoring thermometer embedded in the outlet water hose to adjust the flow and display an accurate reading from 35 - 70 degrees. The cooler holds 11 quarts making it one of the largest available, and provides 8-10 hours of treatment before needing a fresh supply of ice and water. The Polar Care 500 is extremely reliable and features a detachable pump that is separate from the cooler thus allowing for easier replacement unlike other models. It is held in place inside the cooler with a simple plastic hanger that keeps it positioned properly inside. The Polar Care 500 is shipped factory sealed, ready for immediate use. Simply choose the desired optional pad from the pulldown menu to complete your purchase.
Breg Polar Care 500 Features:
Wrapon Pad Choices: See sizing chart for detailed information
- Included in this package: cooler, pump, transformer, bowtie and pump holder. WrapOn pads are sold separately - make your choice on the pull-down menu.
- System easily connects to a polar wrap-on pad with self sealing couplings.
- Polar Care 500 has an easy temperature control thermostat that adjusts the temperature by speeding up or slowing down the flow of cold water through the unit- 35 to 70 degrees.
- The pump has an industry-wide track record for reliability and can be replaced individually instead of having to purchase a brand new system.
- All parts of the unit can be individually replaced making it more economical to replace worn out parts.
- At 11 quarts, it has the largest capacity cooler of any cold water therapy unit, and provides 8 - 10 hours of continuous cold.
- Pads use elastic straps that wrap around and secure in place with velcro straps.
- We offer every available pad to compliment your Polar Care 500 purchase.
- Click to see our Polar Care 500 cold therapy return policy.
- FREE BONUS: hospital bed hangars are included in every machine; keeps the cooler conveniently attached to the hospital bed and reduces strain on the pump.
- Non-returnable merchandise for patient protection.
- Knee: Regular, Large or XL .
- Shoulder: Regular or XL.
- Multi-use XL or Multi-use XL, Long Stem
- Back with Extra Long Straps
Please carefully read before purchasing this product:
I am currently under the treatment of a physician who has prescribed this Polar Care 500 product. I will read and carefully follow the manufacturer's directions provided with the unit. I understand that I will assume all responsibility for the use/misuse of this unit. I will contact my physician immediately in the case of any untoward reactions caused by use of this unit. I understand that DME-Direct.com is only a distributor and in no way assumes responsibility for any injury it may cause due to malfunction, misuse, inappropriate application, or other reason. By clicking "Add to Cart" you certify that the above statement(s) is/are true.
- Post-surgical use.
- For cooling down a joint after an intense workout.
- Sizing chart
Most Breg WrapOn Polar Pads and Polar Pads are universal (fits right and left sides) and will fit adults of any size. Below are types of pads that are sized ie the exceptions to that rule:
- Knee (Regular) 04700 - Fits up to 5' 7".
- Knee (Large) 04703 - Fits 5' 8" to 6' 3".
- Knee (XL) - 04705 - Fits 6' 4" and taller and/or very heavy individuals. Pad width 18"
- Shoulder (Universal) 04900 - Universal size fits most all adults.
- Shoulder (XL Universal) 04905 - Intended for very large or heavyset adults.
- Multiuse XL (04790) - Versatile pad conforms relatively well on most body parts. Pad width 10"
- Multiuse XL with long stem (04740) - same as above pad, but the hose is a few inches. longer.
- Polar Care 500 systems are built to provide cold therapy for 8 to 11 hours without having to refill the ice or water.
- The 500 unit weighs 5 lbs when empty and 21 lbs when filled with ice and water.
- busted knee
Q&A for Breg Polar Care 500 Cold Therapy Unit
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a Breg Authorized Dealer Site
Breg believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Breg product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Breg collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Breg product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Breg therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Breg item through any website, unless it is an authorized Breg dealer.
We are a Breg Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Breg warranty. Others do not offer the original Breg warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Breg takes great care to ensure that all Breg authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Breg purchasers.