Designed in association with key industry opinion leaders, the Ossur SmartSling Shoulder Sling fulfills three fundamental post-surgical objectives: versatility, comfort, and ease of application. The Smart Sling features a dynamic 3-in-1 design that allows the arm to be immobilized at the side of your body, in abduction away from your side, or in external rotation for protection. The SmartSling can therefore be used as a shoulder sling for simple immobilization, or as a post surgical abduction sling with or without the neutral ER (external rotation) component. Simply attach the different forearm wedges to the products velcro attachment to position the arm as necessary. It's made out of a breathable fabric with a mesh base to keep you cool during many hours of extended wear instead of becoming hot and uncomfortable. The SmartSling is one of our most comfortable products with thoughtful innovative features throughout.
The SmartSling features thermal-molded foam padding, SoftEdge strapping, a breathable mesh base material and a gusseted, chamois-covered neck pad, all designed to increase patient comfort for prolonged wear. The Smart Sling has quick-release buckles and trimmable, "no fray" strapping that allow for quick, customized fitting, and a re-positionable thumb loop for improved fit and comfort. The product can be used for dislocations/subluxations, management of acute shoulder injuries, and recovery after arthroscopic shoulder surgery.
Ossur SmartSling Shoulder Sling Features:
- 3-in-1 sling design - attach different wedges for positioning purposes or use as as a sling.
- Can be used on either the right or left arm.
- Includes forearm pillow to distribute weight over a larger surface area and decreases pressure on the ulnar nerve.
- Gussetted chamois neck pad for comfort.
- Thermal-molded foam padding provides more support than fabric and eliminates uncomfortable bottom seam.
- Low-profile, streamlined fit and contemporary, sporty look improve patient comfort and compliance.
- Optional axilla pillow helps distribute weight over a larger surface area and decreases pressure on the ulnar nerve.
- Available in 3 sizes - right/left universal.
- External Rotation Kit: This optional kit is necessary for maintaining the shoulder in an externally rotated position and is an extra charge. (See the third picture, where the patients arm is shown in neutral rotation). The external rotation piece is a large wedge, and a longer shoulder strap is also included in the kit so that there is sufficient length to have the arm in this position. Otherwise, the product comes standard with the normal abduction pad kit as shown above (can be removed if necessary).
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L3670
The Ossur SmartSling shoulder sling can be used to treat:
- Glenohumeral dislocations/subluxation.
- Bankart repairs.
- Capsular shifts.
- Rotator cuff repairs
- Soft tissue repairs/strains.
- Shoulder instabilities/injuries.
- Sizing chart
Sizing Chart: Measure from Olecranon to end of closed fist.
Part# Description Fits Length* SSS Small 10.5-13" SSR Medium/Regular 13.25-15.75" SSL Large 16-17.5" SSE External Rotation Kit Universal * Measure from olecranon to end of closed fist
** External Rotation Kit sold separately and includes: external rotation wedge and longer, padded shoulder strap
1. Gussetted chamois neck pad contours to patient anatomy for improved comfort
2. Quick-release buckles for easier application and removal
3. Re-positionable thumb loops for improved fit and comfort
4. SoftEdge strapping
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Great for big folks
DME-Direct is an Ossur Authorized Dealer Site
Ossur believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Ossur product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Ossur collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Ossur product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Ossur therefore recommends that you do not purchase an Ossur item through any website, unless it is an authorized Ossur dealer.
We are an Ossur Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Ossur warranty. Others do not offer the original Ossur warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Ossur takes great care to ensure that all Ossur authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Ossur purchasers.