The Donjoy Iceman® is routinely used to reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation for
- Post surgical recovery - knee, shoulder, hip arthroscopic procedures.
- Rehabilitation following total arthroplasty.
- Pain relief for chronic musculoskeletal injuries.
Most pads for the Donjoy Iceman are adult universally sized to fit every size patient, large or small. Here are some helpful hints to observe when ordering pads that come in different sizes/varieties (ie. your cheat sheet to go by):
- Shoulder comes in two sizes: regular or small. Small is indicated for short and petite individuals; regular to large size individuals choose the regular.
- Universal Multiuse pads come in four configurations and all "look" like the universal wrap-on pad pictured above in our picture box. The difference: get in a regular OR a slightly (about 2" larger) larger XL size pad. The variation is in the length of the hose: Regular Hose (RH) is 6.5" and the Extended Hose (EH), 15" is a twice as long in the stem portion of the hose exiting the pad
- Hip pad: Have to choose left or right.
- This is a motorized device and requires a standard three prong outlet.
Warranty: 6 months for pads and coolers - warrantied against workmanship. They are non-returnable per DJO, and will be replaced if there is a defective issue with their function within the warranty period..
Q&A for Donjoy Iceman Classic Cold Therapy Unit
- From Greg
- Q: How long is the warranty on both the Iceman and the pads themselves?
- A: The Iceman and the pads have a 6 month warranty.
- From Donna
- Q: What length hose do I get if I purchase the cooler w/Universal Wrap-On Extended hose? Would this cooler also work for the shoulder wrap on pad and matching dressing pad? We want the unit with the longer hose if it is available.
- A: Hi Donna,
The length of the stem portion of the hose exiting the universal wrap-on w/ extended hose measures 15" in length. The cooler's hose fits into every donjoy wrap-on pad/cold pad made.
- From Paula
- Q: My husband had shoulder replacement surgery and we borrowed an Iceman from a friend of ours who is a physical therapist. It was awesome and we are going to purchase one of our own - I'm having both knees replaced. Before we return his Iceman, we would like to clean it - it has a musty smell. Can you add vinegar or something to the water to freshen it up a little?
- A: Hi Paula,
The best way to clean the Iceman is to run 1/2 cup of vinegar through the machine and pad for half an hour. Then let the machine and pad both air dry.
- From Frank
- Q: Is the hose included in the purchase of the cooler? What is the length of the hose?
- A: Hi Frank,
The hose is attached to the cooler itself and is included in the price. The cooler outlet hose is approximately 60" in length.
- From Bill
- Q: I can't seem to get the machine to cool consistently. I have tried using crushed ice and then filled with water and then removed everything and filled with water and frozen ice containers. It does cool but then seems to shut down. I am trying to get a constant 55 degree flow temp. Can I run the machine constantly or must it shut down for periods? What can we possibly be doing wrong?
- A: Hi Bill,
You'll always be able to achieve colder temperatures by using regular - large size ice cubes over crushed ice. As for the device not achieving a cold temperature, the thermostat control is designed to speed up the flow of water out to the pad to make it colder so if you're not getting a cold enough temperature out at the thermostat, after switching out the crushed for larger size ice cubes, then perhaps there's an issue with the pump. Also, the device does not need to be shut down...ever... to essentially "reboot" the temperature, so again, it sounds like you may be using a cooler with a lot of miles on it and the pump may finally be on its last legs.Please check with the facility who provided you the device originally for further trouble shooting.
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a Donjoy Authorized Dealer Site
Donjoy believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Donjoy product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Donjoy collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Donjoy product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Donjoy therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Donjoy item through any website, unless it is an authorized Donjoy dealer.
We are a Donjoy Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Donjoy warranty. Others do not offer the original Donjoy warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Donjoy takes great care to ensure that all Donjoy authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Donjoy purchasers.