The Donjoy Iceman is routinely used for:
- Therapeutic cold to reduce swelling or pain after an injury or surgical procedures.
- Faster recovery and rehabilitation following ligament reconstructions, etc.
- Inflammation and chronic pain relief.
Most Iceman pads are adult universally sized to fit every size patient, large or small. Here are some helpful hints to observe when ordering pads that come in different sizes/varieties (ie. your cheat sheet to go by):
- Shoulder comes in two sizes: regular or small. Small is indicated for short and petite individuals; regular to large size individuals choose the regular.
- Universal Multiuse pads come in four configurations yet basically looks like the universal wrap-on pad pictured above in our picture box. The difference: get in a regular OR a slightly (about 2" larger) larger XL size pad. The variation is in the length of the hose: the regular hose length is pictured in the same picture box on the front page. The extended hose is roughly 6" longer for a slightly longer "stem" hose portion coming directly out of the pad itself.
- Hip: choose left or right.
Q&A for Donjoy Iceman Cold Therapy Unit
- From DJ
- Q: I filled the tub, plugged it in and nothing happened. The transformer got warm but the motor did not start. Is there something I can troubleshoot?
- A: With this device if it's not circulating water out to the pad and back to the cooler then the pump is shot. The pump/motor is completely contained inside the unit and is not patient accessible to prevent "tinkering" with. The product makes a quiet hum and, because it's quiet, you'll need to get a new working unit.
- From gman
- Q: I have two Iceman units from different surgerys but have misplaced both power cords. Does anyone know what volt these run with so I can replace them?
- A: We sell the replacement transformer specifically designed and manufactured for the Iceman - it is a genuine Donjoy transformer. The transformer is not a typical voltage as commonly searched for at various electronic stores such as Radio Shack, etc. We receive calls weekly from people who purchase non-Donjoy brand 3 prong transformers from wholesale electronics stores only to see them burn out the device's motor instead of going with an authentic replacement part.
- From Bill
- Q: I can't seem to get the machine to cool consistently. I have tried using crushed ice and then filled with water and then removed everything and filled with water and frozen ice containers. It does cool but then seems to shut down. I am trying to get a constant 55 degree flow temp. Can I run the machine constantly or must it shut down for periods? What can we possibly be doing wrong?
- A: Hi Bill,
You'll always be able to achieve colder temperatures by using regular - large size ice cubes over crushed ice. As for the device not achieving a cold temperature, the thermostat control is designed to speed up the flow of water out to the pad to make it colder so if you're not getting a cold enough temperature out at the thermostat, after switching out the crushed for larger size ice cubes, then perhaps there's an issue with the pump. Also, the device does not need to be shut down...ever... to essentially "reboot" the temperature, so again, it sounds like you may be using a cooler with a lot of miles on it and the pump may finally be on its last legs.Please check with the facility who provided you the device originally for further trouble shooting.
- From Frank
- Q: Is the hose included in the purchase of the cooler? What is the length of the hose?
- A: Hi Frank,
The hose is attached to the cooler itself and is included in the price. The cooler outlet hose is approximately 60" in length.
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a Donjoy Authorized Dealer Site
Donjoy believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Donjoy product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Donjoy collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Donjoy product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Donjoy therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Donjoy item through any website, unless it is an authorized Donjoy dealer.
We are a Donjoy Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Donjoy warranty. Others do not offer the original Donjoy warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Donjoy takes great care to ensure that all Donjoy authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Donjoy purchasers.