The Donjoy Iceman CLEAR is well suited for:
- Therapeutic cold to reduce swelling or pain after an injury or surgical procedure.
- Faster recovery and rehabilitation following ligament reconstructions, etc.
- Inflammation and chronic pain relief.
Most pads for the Iceman CLEAR are adult universally sized to fit every size patient, large or small. Here are some helpful hints to observe when ordering pads that come in different sizes/varieties (ie. consider this a helpful cheat sheet to make ordering the correct size eazier):
- Shoulder comes in two sizes: regular or small. Small is indicated for short and petite individuals; regular to large size individuals choose the regular.
- Universal Multiuse pads come in four configurations yet basically looks like the universal wrap-on pad pictured above in our picture box. The difference: get in a regular OR a slightly (about 2" larger circumference) larger XL size pad. The variation is in the length of the hose: the regular hose length is pictured in the same picture box on the front page. The extended hose is roughly 6" longer for a slightly longer "stem" hose portion coming directly out of the pad itself.
- Hip: choose left or right.
The product runs off a typical three prong outlet.
Q&A for Donjoy Iceman CLEAR Cold Therapy Unit
- From Betty Walsh
- Q: What is the difference in the Donjoy Iceman Clear and the one that is not clear?
- A: Hi Betty,
Both the Iceman and the new Iceman CLEAR have roughly the same size capacity cooler. The standard Iceman has a temperature dial for speed up the flow of water through the system while the Iceman CLEAR has an automatic flow rate without a temperature control feature. The Iceman CLEAR is also easier for patients to visualize when the water finally needs to be replenished with new ice+ H2O. For protection purposes, we recommend patients purchase a sterile barrier to be used between your skin and the pad to protect your skin from over exposure to cold - these barriers can be purchased on our Donjoy Iceman Accessories page and should be used with both the Iceman and the Iceman CLEAR devices.
- From Steve Wickre
- Q: How? do I get the air bubbles out of my iceman knee pad.
- A: Hi Steve,
Having bubbles in the pad as you're using it will not effect the functionality or effectiveness of the pad. This is a normal occurrence. After using it you can let it dry by hanging it up vertically to let gravity help dry it out more efficiently.
- From Katie
- Q: I am 5'3", 120 lbs, should I purchase the regular or the small shoulder wrap on pad? And do I need a barrier pad as well?
- A: Hi Katie,
Given your height and weight, we would suggest going with the small size shoulder wrap. All Donjoy cold therapy products, including the Clear model, should be used with a sterile barrier underneath the pad to reduce the risk of a cryo burn.
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a Donjoy Authorized Dealer Site
Donjoy believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Donjoy product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Donjoy collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Donjoy product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Donjoy therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Donjoy item through any website, unless it is an authorized Donjoy dealer.
We are a Donjoy Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Donjoy warranty. Others do not offer the original Donjoy warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Donjoy takes great care to ensure that all Donjoy authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Donjoy purchasers.