The Donjoy Iceman CLEAR is well suited for:
- Therapeutic cold to reduce swelling or pain after an injury or surgical procedure.
- Faster recovery and rehabilitation following ligament reconstructions, etc.
- Inflammation and chronic pain relief.
Most pads for the Iceman CLEAR are adult universally sized to fit every size patient, large or small. Here are some helpful hints to observe when ordering pads that come in different sizes/varieties (ie. consider this a helpful cheat sheet to make ordering the correct size eazier):
- Shoulder comes in two sizes: regular or small. Small is indicated for short and petite individuals; regular to large size individuals choose the regular.
- Universal Multiuse pads come in four configurations yet basically looks like the universal wrap-on pad pictured above in our picture box. The difference: get in a regular OR a slightly (about 2" larger circumference) larger XL size pad. The variation is in the length of the hose: the regular hose length is pictured in the same picture box on the front page. The extended hose is roughly 6" longer for a slightly longer "stem" hose portion coming directly out of the pad itself.
- Hip: choose left or right.
The product runs off a typical three prong outlet.
Q&A for Donjoy Iceman CLEAR Cold Therapy Unit
- From Betty Walsh
- Q: What is the difference in the Donjoy Iceman Clear and the one that is not clear?
- A: Hi Betty,
Both the Iceman and the new Iceman CLEAR have roughly the same size capacity cooler. The standard Iceman has a temperature dial for speed up the flow of water through the system while the Iceman CLEAR has an automatic flow rate without a temperature control feature. The Iceman CLEAR is also easier for patients to visualize when the water finally needs to be replenished with new ice+ H2O. For protection purposes, we recommend patients purchase a sterile barrier to be used between your skin and the pad to protect your skin from over exposure to cold - these barriers can be purchased on our Donjoy Iceman Accessories page and should be used with both the Iceman and the Iceman CLEAR devices.
- From Steve Wickre
- Q: How? do I get the air bubbles out of my iceman knee pad.
- A: Hi Steve,
Having bubbles in the pad as you're using it will not effect the functionality or effectiveness of the pad. This is a normal occurrence. After using it you can let it dry by hanging it up vertically to let gravity help dry it out more efficiently.
Ask Your Own Question