The Donjoy Armor Knee Brace with Fourcepoint Hinge combines the strength of a lightweight aluminum frame with the 4-Points-of-Leverage technology to provide clinically-proven protection for ACL injuries. The Fourcepoint™ hinge features a spring mechanism that dampens stress on the ACL as the knee straightens out in the "at risk" position - 0-25 degrees.where rigid shock to the knee is felt. Also new on the Donjoy Armor FourcePoint is the addition of an improved strap system that attaches to the inside of the frame for closer fit against your leg. The frame design remains the same as the standard model delivering the patented Four Points of Leverage to provide complete protection for low to high contact sports. The T6061 aluminum frame is both lightweight and strong enough to provide even the largest of athletes the level of protection required for high level sports participation. By reducing the shock to your knee just before straightening out, the Donjoy Armor FourcePoint knee brace gives athletes and patients the highest degree of protection available today. The brace is ideally suited for recovery from an ACL reconstruction or for returning back to full sports activity.
Donjoy Armor Knee Brace FourcePoint Hinge Features:
- Available in ski version.
- Low profile FourcePoint hinge provides added ligament protection during the last 25 degrees of extension. Can be easily adjusted and disengaged altogether to function like a standard hinge if desired.
- Reduces the amount of time spent at or near the "at risk" position of 25 - 0 degrees full extension where the greatest amount of stress is placed on the ACL.
- New internally mounted strap buckles provide a closer fit against your leg.
- Shipped with a factory installed 10 degree extension stop in the hinge to prevent the knee from straightening fully out to decrease "shock" on the joint - can be easily removed if desired.
- T6061 aluminum frame for lightweight strength and durability.
- Features the patented Four Points of Leverage design clinically shown to reduce ACL strain by 50%.
- 6 month warranty on the soft goods/straps.
- 1 year warranty on the hinge.
- Right/left specific.
- Available in 7 seven sizes for an exact fit - see sizing chart tab.
Donjoy Armor FourcePoint Knee Brace Options:
Length: Choose standard or a short calf length. The short length is recommended for individuals 5'2" and shorter; The standard is recommended for people 5'3" and taller.
Version: Shipped standard in an ACL strap configuration with four straps as pictured above.
Model: Choose Action or Ski based on your version pulldown choice. Action is a standard 16" brace length and Ski model will feature a shorter calf for everyone 5'2" and shorter or for those using the product with ski boots.
features a new patented design to protect a newly reconstructed ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) graft. Armor FourcePoint Technology was developed to further protect the ACL and enhance the Four Points of Leverage brace design. This Donjoy brace has a patented FourcePoint hinge designed to reduce the speed of the knee straightening out into full extension by applying increased resistance in the last 25 degrees of motion. This reduces extension shock and increases posterior tibial loads to provide enhanced knee protection during cutting and pivoting activities. The Donjoy Armor FourcePoint has three adjustment settings to vary the amount of resistance to meet the specification of the physician's protocol and the patient's comfort. The Armor FourcePoint is appropriate for patients returning to athletics after ACL surgery, or for anyone with a torn ligament needing to reduce buckling of the knee.During straightening out of the knee, the brace utilizes a spring mechanism in the hinge to apply gradually increasing resistance during the last 25 degrees of extension much like a tensioned rubber band. The resistance serves three critical roles:
- Reduces the time spent near full extension or in the "at risk" position.
- Increases the posterior load applied by the brace on the tibia to prevent anterior tibial translation, which reduces the chance of the knee buckling under pressure.
- Eliminates the extension shock felt when a patient extends into a 10 degree standard rigid stop!
- Available Colors: Black
The Donjoy Armor Knee Brace with FourcePoint Hinge can be used for:
- ACL injuries and instabilities.
- ACL reconstruction recovery.
- Non-contact and contact sports protection.
- NOT&recommended for PCL injuries or instabilities.
- Sizing chart
Sizing Chart: Measure your thigh, knee center, and calf circumference for the correct size:
1. Thigh circumference, 6" above kneecap (mid patella).
2. Knee center circumference (middle of your kneecap)
3. Calf circumference, 6" below kneecap (mod patella)
Size 1. Thigh Circ. 2. Knee Center Circ. 3. Calf Circ. XS 13"-15 1/2"
12"-13" 10"-12 S 15 1/2"-18 1/2" 13"-14" 12"-14" M 18 1/2"-21" 14"-15 14"-16" L 21"-23 1/2" 15"-17 16"-18" XL 23 1/2"-26 1/2" 17"-19 18"-20" 2XL 6 1/2"-29 1/2" 19"-21" 20"-22" 3XL 29 1/2"-32" 21"-23" 22"-24"
Four Points of Leverage Design:
The Four Points of Leverage combine to successfully apply a net differential posterior force, or constant force to the tibia, which reduces the instability in the ACL. This Four Points of Leverage design is used on all Donjoy functional knee braces braces.
- Point 1 Anterior: The first point of leverage is the anterior thigh cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the femur anteriorly.
- Point 2 Posterior: The second point of leverage is the posterior calf cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the tibia posteriorly.
- Point 3 Posterior: The third point of leverage is a posterior thigh strap, which is applied while drawing the hinge bars posteriorly on the knee.
- Point 4 Anterior: Incorporating the fourth point generates the crucial opposing force. By tightening and affixing the anterior tibial strap, the hinge is drawn into proper position, and the tibia is rotated posteriorly.
FourcePoint Hinge Technology:
The FourcePoint hinge is designed to slow down your knee as you straighten it during the last 25 degrees of extension. Think of it like a rubber band becoming more taught on the inside of the hinge. The hinge box features a "on/off" switch which will turn the FourcePoint completely off if desired. The hinge also comes with three settings that increase the pounds of resistance supplied by the hinge: the first setting equals 2 lbs, the second setting adds two more pound for a total of 4 lbs, and the third setting adds two more pounds again for a total of 6 lbs of resistance. The hinge can supply these three levels of resistance through the last 25 degrees of extension through a flick of a switch. The brace is shipped with a 10 degree extension stop in the hinge box which can be taken out if desired so the Donjoy Armor FourcePoint will actually engage at 35 degrees out unless the extension stop is removed. Because the hinge places a force posteriorly towards the back of the knee, it places an increased load on the posterior cruciate ligament, and therefore should NOT be used by patients with PCL injuries.
DME-Direct is a Donjoy Authorized Dealer Site
Donjoy believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Donjoy product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Donjoy collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Donjoy product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Donjoy therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Donjoy item through any website, unless it is an authorized Donjoy dealer.
We are a Donjoy Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Donjoy warranty. Others do not offer the original Donjoy warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Donjoy takes great care to ensure that all Donjoy authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Donjoy purchasers.