The Donjoy Armor Knee Brace with FourcePoint Hinge can be used for:
- ACL injuries and instabilities.
- ACL reconstruction recovery.
- Non-contact and contact sports protection.
- NOT&recommended for PCL injuries or instabilities.
Sizing Chart: Measure your thigh, knee center, and calf circumference for the correct size:
1. Thigh circumference, 6" above kneecap (mid patella).
2. Knee center circumference (middle of your kneecap)
3. Calf circumference, 6" below kneecap (mod patella)
|| 1. Thigh Circ.
|| 2. Knee Center Circ.
|| 3. Calf Circ.
|| 13"-15 1/2"
|| 15 1/2"-18 1/2"
|| 18 1/2"-21"
|| 21"-23 1/2"
|| 23 1/2"-26 1/2"
|| 6 1/2"-29 1/2"
|| 29 1/2"-32"
Four Points of Leverage Design:
The Four Points of Leverage combine to successfully apply a net differential posterior force, or constant force to the tibia, which reduces the instability in the ACL. This Four Points of Leverage design is used on all Donjoy functional knee braces braces.
- Point 1 Anterior: The first point of leverage is the anterior thigh cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the femur anteriorly.
- Point 2 Posterior: The second point of leverage is the posterior calf cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the tibia posteriorly.
- Point 3 Posterior: The third point of leverage is a posterior thigh strap, which is applied while drawing the hinge bars posteriorly on the knee.
- Point 4 Anterior: Incorporating the fourth point generates the crucial opposing force. By tightening and affixing the anterior tibial strap, the hinge is drawn into proper position, and the tibia is rotated posteriorly.
FourcePoint Hinge Technology:
The FourcePoint hinge is designed to slow down your knee as you straighten it during the last 25 degrees of extension. Think of it like a rubber band becoming more taught on the inside of the hinge. The hinge box features a "on/off" switch which will turn the FourcePoint completely off if desired. The hinge also comes with three settings that increase the pounds of resistance supplied by the hinge: the first setting equals 2 lbs, the second setting adds two more pound for a total of 4 lbs, and the third setting adds two more pounds again for a total of 6 lbs of resistance. The hinge can supply these three levels of resistance through the last 25 degrees of extension through a flick of a switch. The brace is shipped with a 10 degree extension stop in the hinge box which can be taken out if desired so the Donjoy Armor FourcePoint will actually engage at 35 degrees out unless the extension stop is removed. Because the hinge places a force posteriorly towards the back of the knee, it places an increased load on the posterior cruciate ligament, and therefore should NOT be used by patients with PCL injuries.
Q&A for Donjoy Armor FourcePoint Knee Brace
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a Donjoy Authorized Dealer Site
Donjoy believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Donjoy product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Donjoy collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Donjoy product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Donjoy therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Donjoy item through any website, unless it is an authorized Donjoy dealer.
We are a Donjoy Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Donjoy warranty. Others do not offer the original Donjoy warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Donjoy takes great care to ensure that all Donjoy authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Donjoy purchasers.