1. Measure your Thigh circumference 6" above the center of your knee.
2. Measure the circumference of the center of your knee.
3. Measure your Calf circumference 6" below the center of your knee.
||1. Thigh Circumference
||2. Knee Center Circumference
||3. Calf Circumference
Standard: For patients with a 26.5" inseam or greater
Short: For patients with a 26" inseam or less.
Four Points of Leverage Design:
The Four Points of Leverage combine to successfully apply a net differential posterior force, or constant force to the tibia, which reduces the instability in the ACL. This Four Points of Leverage design is used in the Donjoy 4Titde knee brace to provide the best all around protection for your knee.
- Point 1 Anterior: The first point of leverage is the anterior thigh cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the femur anteriorly.
- Point 2 Posterior: The second point of leverage is the posterior calf cuff. It acts as a point for rotating the tibia posteriorly.
- Point 3 Posterior: The third point of leverage is a posterior thigh strap, which is applied while drawing the hinge bars posteriorly on the knee.
- Point 4 Anterior: Incorporating the fourth point generates the crucial opposing force. By tightening and affixing the anterior tibial strap, the hinge is drawn into proper position, and the tibia is rotated posteriorly.
Q&A for Donjoy 4Titude Knee Brace
- From Joni
- Q: Does the 4titude have a 10 degree knee extension stop?
- A: Yes, the 4Titude, along with all of the Donjoy rigid braces, has a 10 degree extension stop built into the frame to prevent your knee from "hyperextending" back into a locked out position. With the straps applied though and the natural, "slight" movement that occurs when wearing a brace, you're really going to get pretty close to straightening to a 0 degree (also known as neutral) position but you won't be able to extend or lock out your knee for knee protection purposes.
- From Lucy Chou
- Q: My thigh is 23.5 inches, knee center 16.5 inches, and calf is 18 inches. Do you have any suggestion which size I can choose? L or XL? Should I concern the suitability of knee center or the thigh and calf? Thank you for answering!
- A: Hi Lucy,
According to your measurements you'd want to go with the large for the proper fit. Moving up to an XL would prove to be too big around the knee center.
Ask Your Own Question
DME-Direct is a Donjoy Authorized Dealer Site
Donjoy believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Donjoy product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Donjoy collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Donjoy product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Donjoy therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Donjoy item through any website, unless it is an authorized Donjoy dealer.
We are a Donjoy Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Donjoy warranty. Others do not offer the original Donjoy warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Donjoy takes great care to ensure that all Donjoy authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Donjoy purchasers.