Aircast Cryo Cuff IC Compression System
The Aircast Cryo/Cuff® IC provides both cold therapy and compression to help reduce post-operative swelling. The motorized cooler design is made for simplicity and patient ease of use. The Cryo/Cuff® IC cooler automatically exchanges cold water to and from the pad (cuff) thereby eliminating the need to manually raise and lower the device like the standard Cryo/Cuff unit.
The Cryo/Cuff® IC is compatible with all existing Aircast pads and provides cold and compression therapy to any part of the body. The pump's intermittent 30 second on/off cycle is designed to last longer than systems with more continuous running pump designs. The motorized design is perfect for home use following surgery, hospital recovery, and management of acute injuries.
Aircast CryoCuff® IC Features:
- Integrated motorized pump design inside the lid handle itself.
- System provides comfortable cold and compression around the knee joint.
- Inflatable knee cuff provides compression around the knee to reduce edema and pain after surgery.
- Assists in helping regain early range of motion.
- Intermittent 30 second on/off pump exchanges water back and forth from the cooler to the pad for constant, even temperature control.
- Easy to use right out of the box - simply attach the cuff and plug in the electrical adaptor to a typical wall outlet.
- Available with your choice of cuff - please see our sizing chart tab above for proper sizing.
- Click to see our Cryo Cuff IC return policy.
Please read carefully before purchasing:I am currently under the treatment of a physician who has prescribed the Cryo Cuff IC product. I will read and carefully follow the manufacturer's directions provided with the unit. I understand that I will assume all responsibility for the use/misuse of this item. I will contact my physician immediately in the case of any untoward reactions caused by use of this device. I understand that DME-Direct.com is only a distributor of the product and in no way assumes responsibility for any injury it may cause due to malfunction, misuse, inappropriate application, or other reason. Furthermore, DME-Direct.com cannot provide specific details as to the product's application or use, other than is provided in the product documentation, developed by this product manufacturer. By clicking "Buy Now" you certify that the above statement(s) is/are true.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: E0218 + E0249
The Aircast Cryo/Cuff® IC cold therapy unit is perfect for:
- Post surgical rehabilitation following arthroscopic and open surgical procedures (total knees, acl reconstructions, hip replacement, rotator cuff procedures, etc...)
- Immediate management of acute injuries such as strains/sprains.
- Great for rehabilitation in the hospital or athletic training room setting.
- Sizing chart
Please use our sizing chart guidelines below to order the correct size cuff with your Cryo/cuff IC compression system:
Foot Cuff: Measure the circumference of the thickest part of the forefoot
Knee and Thigh Cuff: Measure the circumference of your thigh 6" above you kneecap (patella)
Shoulder Cuff: Universal is for average size adults. Measure chest (torso) circumference
Calf Cuff: Universal, but measure the thickest part of your calf
Back, Hip or Rib Cuff: fit up to a 45" waist circumference
Area of the Body Size Circumference or Length Pad Number Ankle Adult Universal 10A01 Ankle Pediatric Universal for Children 10P01 Foot Medium 9" - 13" 10C01 Foot Large 10" - 17" 10B01 Knee Pediatric Universal for Children 11P01 Knee Small 10" - 19" 11C01 Knee Medium 18" - 23" 11A01 Knee Large 20" - 31" 11B01 Shoulder Universal 32" - 48" 12A01 Shoulder XL 42" - 54" 12AXL01 Thigh Universal 17" - 23" 13A01 Thigh XL 20' - 27" 13B01 Elbow Universal Fits Adults 15A01 Elbow Pediatric Universal for Children 11P01 Calf Universal 14" - 20" 13C01 Back/Hip/Rib Universal Fits Adults 14A01 Hand/Wrist Universal Fits Adults 16A01
- Motorized design with an integrated pump located inside the lid.
- Bought one for my father-in-law
The IC unit is the best because ice and compression are the two parts of RICE (Rest- Ice- Compress- Elevate) that are hard to do well together.
- Great device for recovery
- Great service!!
Q&A for Aircast Cryo Cuff IC Compression System
- From angie
- Q: How do you empty the liquid out of the cuff of the Aircast Cryo Cuff IC?
- A: First unplug the power cord to your unit. With the cuff and hose attached to the cooler, raise the cuff into the air above the level of the cooler to allow for gravity to drain any excess water out of the cuff itself. Then disengage the empty cuff from the cooler hose. Their might be a few remaining drops inside the cuff which will naturally dry on its own by leaving it out unattached to the hose.
So far 83 persons found this question helpful
- From Jim B.
- Q: How long will the system operate before needing to be refilled with ice and water?
- A: Hi Jim,
The Cryo Cuff typically stays cold for 6-8 hours before needing to be replenished with ice again. It uses very little water and holds a ton of ice to keep it cold for several hours at a time. A water level sticker on the inside will show precisely how high to fill up the inside with water. After filling it up with to the water to the height of the indicator sticker, then fill the cooler all the way to the top with ice to get the full desired treatment time.
So far 58 persons found this question helpful
- From Tony
- Q: With only one hose how does the Aircast Cryo Cuff IC recirculate the cool water?
- A: Hi Tony,
The device has a built in pump inside the handle portion of the lid that turns on for about 30 seconds to send water out to the pad causing it to inflate to produce both cold and compression. After 30 seconds the pump turns off making a hissing sound and draws the water back into the cooler in the reverse direction through the same one way hose to get cold again. So the pump runs "intermittently" enabling it to last longer than other cold therapy devices.
So far 26 persons found this question helpful
- From Lyn
- Q: Are there any limitations as to how high or how low the IC cooler can be placed away from my body in order for it to work properly?
- A: Hi Lyn,
Yes, the IC cooler should be placed no more than 12 - 15 inches above or below the body part being treated so that the pump can fill the cuff efficiently without over-inflating the cuff.
So far 8 persons found this question helpful
- From Erica
- Q: Can the IC unit function like a typical cryo cuff if the power goes out? I'm asking because it doesn't appear like this one has the pop-up spout like on the regular cryo cuff cooler?
- A: Hi Erica,
The Aircast Cryo cuff IC does not have the standard flip up air vent design that comes with the gravity fed models, but it will fill the attached cuff as efficiently as the regular, standard cryo cuff coolers. Simply swish the water around and raise it in the air and the cuff will fill with water and inflate.
So far persons found this question helpful
Ask Your Own Question
- From angie
DME-Direct is a Aircast Authorized Dealer Site
Aircast believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Aircast product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Aircast collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Aircast product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Aircast therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Aircast item through any website, unless it is an authorized Aircast dealer.
We are a Aircast Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Aircast warranty. Others do not offer the original Aircast warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Aircast takes great care to ensure that all Aircast authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Aircast purchasers.