The BOA Chairback Brace is an LSO designed to provide spinal stability and abdominal support for post operative and post traumatic injury patients requiring immobilization for the lower thoracic, lumbar and sacral areas. Unlike neoprene-style lumbosacral brace designs, this model features rigid kydex plastic for the lateral and posterior frame, along with an anterior panel to provide superior support. The BOA Chairback brace features a patented mechanical pulley system that utilizes a teardrop channel design in the back, along with a high tension harness cord attached to an useful pull handle to tighten the lumbar back brace with minimal effort by the patient. The chairback is removable allowing the BOA to be used post-operatively and later on as an effective "maintenance" back brace. Optional lordotic Inserts can be ordered which can be easily inserted into the chairback frame to take up extra space in the small of the back. They provide additional support and comfort based on the amount of lordosis displayed in the patient's lumbar spine region. Order the Foam Inserts in 7, 10 or 12 degrees on the BOA Chairback Brace Accessories page (related products). This model is available in a standard 10" or an 8" low profile version.
BOA Chairback Brace/Lumbosacral Orthosis Features:
- Rigid, heat-moldable Kydex contoured chairback for increased posterior rigidity for sagital and lateral control. Chairback attachment is designed to provide support from the sacrococcygeal junction up to the T-9 vertebral level.
- Removable Chairback liner allows for frame modifications and cleaning.
- Rigid, heat-moldable Kydex contoured anterior panel and liner provides increased abdominal compression and rigidity to reduce loads on the intervertebral discs.
- Rigid, posterior proprietary compression panels allow for a smooth, uniform pull of the pull-handle.
- Lifetime Guarantee on the proprietary compression Panels.
- Easy-to-use Compression Technology with a simple hook and loop Velcro anterior closure.
- Simple, pull handle to allow for a quick closure that can be easily adjusted according to the patient needs.
- Breathable, interior spacer fabric is soft enough to comfortably wear against the skin.
- Outer mesh fabric allows heat to escape without compromising stability.
- Posterior, internal elastic compartments accommodate lordotic foam inserts for the treatment of varying degrees of lordosis.
- Standard version = 10" height in rear; Low profile = 8" rear height.
Available Lordotic Foam Inserts (order on the BOA Chairback Lumbosacral Orthosis Accessories page):
Lordotic foam inserts fit inside the orthosis to provide additional support and treatment for lordosis. Available as a pair.
- 7 degrees
- 10 degrees
- 12 degrees
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L0637
- Lumbar Spinal Laminectomy.
- Lumbar Disectomy.
- Lumbar Spinal Fusion.
- Intradiscal Electrothermal Annuloplasty.
- Spinal Stenosis.
- Disc Herniation and Disc Degeneration.
- Sizing chart
- Heat moldable chairback panel.
- Nylon mesh corset.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Comfortable for all day wear
(1) I don't have to have help to put it on.
(2) The corset velcros to plastic support.
(3) Drawstring is easy to pull.
(4) Breathable material, so I don't get all sweaty when walking around the Wharf.
DME-Direct is an Top Shelf Orthopedics Authorized Dealer Site
Top Shelf Orthopedics believes that the best way for you to select and purchase an Top Shelf Orthopedics product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Top Shelf Orthopedics collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Top Shelf Orthopedics product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Top Shelf Orthopedics therefore recommends that you do not purchase an Active item through any website, unless it is an authorized Top Shelf Orthopedics dealer.
We are a Top Shelf Orthopedics Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Top Shelf Orthopedics warranty. Others do not offer the original Top Shelf Orthopedics warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Top Shelf Orthopedics takes great care to ensure that all Top Shelf Orthopedics authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Top Shelf Orthopedics purchasers.