The Aircast Air-Stirrup Ankle Brace provides support and compression that reduces swelling to help accelerate the healing process after an ankle injury. The Aircast Air-Stirrup features overlapping duplex air cells that provide graduated compression to remove edema and promote stability during ambulation thus encouraging early rehabilitation of ankle sprains. The Air-Stirrup is routinely used for functional management of acute ankle injuries and third degree sprains. Each brace comes with a patient instruction guide about information on proper brace application and optional rehabilitation exercises. It's available in pediatric, small, medium, and large sizes, and fits inside all types of shoes.
Aircast Air-Stirrup Ankle Brace Features:
- Pre-inflated Duplex™ aircell system provides compression to remove medial/lateral ankle edema.
- Lightweight semi-rigid shells provide support for early functional management of ankle sprains.
- Accelerates healing for faster rehabilitation.
- Fits inside all types of shoes.
- Available in four sizes - please see our sizing chart tab for important measurement guidelines.
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L4350
The Aircast Air-Stirrup ankle brace is commonly used to treat:
- Acute ankle sprains.
- Chronic ankle instability.
- Sizing chart
Sizing Chart: Use the brace length to determine the correct size brace needed.
- Air cell bladders mold to the shape of your ankle and milk swelling away from your ankle
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Great product
- Very affordable
Q&A for Aircast Air-Stirrup Ankle Brace
- From Kim Patterson
- Q: What is the difference between the air stirrup and the Sport Stirrup?
- A: The Aircast Air Stirrup is their signature product that was designed in the late 1970's as a product to recovery from an ankle sprain. The Air Stirrup is 8.7 to 10.5" long, depending on the size you wear. The Aircast Sport-Stirrup is similar but its only 9" long and is better suited to sports. It is also cut more narrow so that it can easily fit in a sneaker.
So far 112 persons found this question helpful
Ask Your Own Question
- From Kim Patterson
DME-Direct is a Aircast Authorized Dealer Site
Aircast believes that the best way for you to select and purchase a Aircast product is at one of its authorized online stores of which DME-Direct is one. Only in these stores can you be sure to find the latest Aircast collection and ensure you are getting a genuine Aircast product with the manufacturer's full warranty.
Aircast therefore recommends that you do not purchase a Aircast item through any website, unless it is an authorized Aircast dealer.
We are a Aircast Authorized Dealer and can assure you a safe and pleasant shopping experience here at our website as if you were at our wholesale distribution premises in Valencia, California.
Some non-authorized sites sell counterfeit, second-hand merchandise, and/or products containing old fabrics, glues, and resins that do not perform as intended, and are therefore, not eligible for care under the Aircast warranty. Others do not offer the original Aircast warranty, nor do they offer any after-sales service of any kind.
Aircast takes great care to ensure that all Aircast authorized dealers offer you the very best products and service. Please take advantage of the peace of mind that only they can offer to Aircast purchasers.